Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 22, 2016 - Welcome Home Denali!!

Only this family would take a long, 20-hour road trip through three different states, to adopt a puppy. It had to be the perfect puppy, after all, coming after Dozer.  And perfect he is.  So perfect in fact that Garrett has decided that his name shall be, "Denali, Dozer's Legacy."

The trip was awesome!  Garrett did all the driving, Genevieve joined us, and the scenery was amazing. Easter Oregon is beautiful.  Mostly farmland with beautiful mountain vistas.  When we drove into Washington, my dream state, I was so disappointed!  The countryside was nice, but not nearly as beautiful as Idaho.  Then we drove into Spokane as we had to pass through to get to the farm in Clayton Washington where Denali was waiting.  OMG...Spokane!!!  Disgusting!  You could not pay me to live there.  It was so crowded, loud, grimy and the most stressful stretch of road during the entire trip. Not at all what I was expecting!  We were really surprised.  The farm where Denali was born was beautiful, though.  Really lovely country.

On the way back we made a straight line for the Idaho border, and into Couer D'Alene.  Without question, the most beautiful spot on the planet.  The entire drive from Coeur D'Alene, through the rolling hills of the Palouse, down the grade into Lewiston and down highway 95 to Boise was stunning.  When we drove over White Bird Hill Summit, elevation 4,245 feet, it was right in the midst of a lightning storm.  Now that was amazing!


The trip was exhausting, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Denali is amazing!  He is so much like Dozer.  A very sweet, laid back personality, and very attached to me already.  He follows me everywhere, and even sleeps on my bed. Blake wanted him to sleep on his bed, but Miss Lilly already rules that territory, and Blake was not ready to deal with puppy stage.  He will let me do all that work. I don't mind a bit!

You can view all the pictures on my Flikr HERE.  Here are some of my favorites. :)

The bearded navigator...Garrett.
Love at first sight!

 This puppy has the greatest smile. :)


 Beautiful Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.









 Her eyes, welling with tears, "Does he have to stay?"
 "Yep, I am here to stay!"




Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors