Sunday, November 1, 2015

Good-Bye October, Hello November!

October was an amazing month this year.  We enjoyed loads and loads of family time, and the colors this Autumn have been amazing.  The weather has not been so bad either.

Coming into November there is much I am thankful for. I do believe it is going to be a wonderful month.  Life is peaceful, my family is healthy, and we are very blessed.

I am thankful for my husband Jack.  He works very hard to provide for our family, and has become a truly awesome husband and father. I love where our relationship has come, and am looking forward to the rest of our forever.  Truly.

I am thankful for my four amazing sons.  They are all loving, kind and strong.  All four are very different from each other, but share a deep love of family that makes me very proud to be their mom.

I am thankful for my daughter-in-law Amber. Amber is funny, quirky and brilliant. She is an amazing wife to Brandon and an incredible mommy to Cooper and Penny. I can't even begin to imagine a life without Amber in it. She is my joy. We are going to have fun writing together this month for NANOWRIMO. I will get to enjoy her imaginative and creative writing, and she can correct all my grammatical errors.    <3

I am thankful for my Cooper and Penny. They are amazing and so precious to me.  Watching them grow into the beautiful little human beings that they are is a blessing.  They are wonderfully curious and incredibly imaginative...not to mention ridiculously brilliant!  I love them so much!

I am thankful for Genevieve. Garrett is a lucky guy to have a love like Genevieve.  She is thoughtful, loving and kind.  I am looking forward spending more time with her, and enjoying the awesome that is Genevieve.

I am thankful for Brianna. Finally a girl strong enough to tame the crazy that is Casey!  Brianna is a beautiful little gemstone in our family. Brianna is smart, sweet and pretty much awesome!  I am happy to have her as part of our family and am excited to meet the latest Robertson when baby acorn is born next Spring.  <3

Finally, I am thankful for my sisters.  We have not been very close over the past few years, but they have come together to care for aunt Galena in her final days. They have reached out to me during this difficult time, and I feel like we can restore the loving relationship we have always had.  We are different, them and I, but the love that we have for each other will always remain strong.  I love them both with all my heart.  And thank you to Art for taking such amazing care of aunt Galena.  I appreciate him more than words can say.

Yes, I am feeling very blessed today!  November is a month for giving thanks, and I am starting early! It is going to be a great month.  Family time, NANOWRIMO time, and No Shave November too!  I can write the next Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and become a hairy Sasquatch all in the same month.  What more could you ask for?  Woot!

Thanks for the memories October, you have been grand.  :)

And lest I forget, goodbye to my sweetest chicken Miss Thelma.  You will be missed little hen. <3
Photos for today...Blake and I enjoyed carving our pumpkins and watching some Halloween movies. Hey, better late than never!  We have decided to start a new "Dia de los Muertos" pumpkin carving tradition.  :)

 All the important tools required for pumpkin carving. Pay no attention to the candy that is not really sitting on the table.

 Yes, I got a wee bit carried away.
 Uhmmm...again, those are really not candy wrappers.  Your eyes must be deceiving you.

 Blake, guarding the candy that is really not there.

Tada!  Blake carved Majora's Mask from The Legend of Zelda, and I carved a Jack Skellington/Candy Skull/The Scream, by Edvard Munch.  Or perhaps it was simply a pumpkin.  And yes, I forgot to hollow the insides...don't judge me. :)
 The winner, Blake!  Good job son!


P.S., Daylight Saving Time...see ya!


Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors