Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7, 2015 - And Then There Were Three...

"Tis a healthy baby."

That is how my day started today.  A short, concise message from Casey that read..."Tis a healthy baby."  I sat back in my desk chair and exhaled this deep, cleansing, breath that both eased my mind and exploded my heart all at the same time.  You know that breath moms.  That breath occurs only a few times in our life, that are otherwise known as milestones.

Wow, Casey is going to be a father.  Wow.

Then I cried.  Happy tears of joy for my Casey because I know that this is what he has always wanted, and has dreamed of.  Finding that forever love, being a father, and that has happened.  Thank you, God, that has happened!

I will be honest, I have always worried.  Life has never been easy for Casey. Dealing with anxiety has been the such a huge burden in his life.  For the last few years it has felt as if Casey has been running from this  huge dark cloud, and when it seems to be catching up, he puffs up his chest and roars it right back into the darkness from whence it came.  On the outside, it seems like Casey is chaotic.  And he can be.  :)  Constant motion, constant chatter, he is so busy, but I can see the wheels turning in his head.  It may not seem like it, but on the inside, Casey is making a plan. He is figuring it out...this thing called life.  And Casey is a lot stronger than we sometimes think he is. Just like his brothers...Casey is a lion.  I have raised four, strong, ferocious, and loving lions.

Life is not easy for anyone.  We all have our burdens, our fears, but we LIVE it.  My boys don't RTF. What is RTF you ask?  It means..."read the f*cking manual."  My co-workers in the tech industry used to say that all the time.  "What manual?  We don't RTF!"  My boys, especially Casey, DO life. And they do life by their own rules, no manual required. For years, this has made me the most frantic of moms...

"No...that is not right!  You have to do this first.  You can't do that, do this.  But...but...but.."

But what?  After almost 30 years of being a mother, I have come to accept that this is their life, they know right from wrong, they write the rules.  Not society, not dogma, not anyone else, they live by their own rule book, and they create the plays along the way.  And that is okay.  I still get grey hair, I still get stuck in tradition, but that is my problem.  And yes planet, I do believe that is a problem. Anything that keeps us from embracing what life brings, anything that keeps us from loving with all of our heart, is a problem.   My boys are happy.  My boys love and respect this thing called life.  And my boys love with every ounce of their being. That is a huge accomplishment.  They care.  They are loyal. They love their family, and they love life.  What more could a mom ever hope for?

Casey will be an amazing father. If this baby is a boy...he will love cars.  If this baby is a girl...she will love cars.  lol :)  Brianna, my love, you will be an amazing mother.  It will be a challenging journey at times, but take it from me...if you love with all your heart, that is the very best that you can do.  And I know in my heart, that you will.  There are no books on how to be the perfect parent.  The only thing you need ever follow when raising a child is your instinct.  A mother's instinct will never fail you.  Just listen to it.  Casey and Brianna, when times get tough, you have family.  You have us. You have daddy and I, three ferociously loving brothers in Garrett, Brandon and Blake, and a fierce sister in Amber.  We all have your back.  Cooper and Penny will be so excited to have a baby cousin to call their very own.

WE LOVE YOU...all three of you.  You Casey, you Brianna, and you...sweet, precious little baby Briggs-Robertson. We love you so much.  :)

Without further adieu planet, may I introduce to you, my newest grandchild!!  This baby will be nurtured, loved, and raised by the village that is our family. Welcome sweet one.  And just a little warning sweet little baby, grandma usually has a camera attached to her face.  But don't worry, you will get used to it.  :)

My family is growing!!

I feel very blessed, and this grandma's heart is happy.







Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.



Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors