Sunday, September 20, 2015

September 19, 2015 - Very Blessed

Today was a gloriously fun day.  Grandson Cooper, and granddaughter Penny came to spend the entire day with me.  Son Brandon and daughter-in-law Amber had a conflict in their work schedules, so they needed this grandma to fill in.

I will admit, I was a little bit worried about keeping up with an active 4-year-old and 2-year-old all by myself, but they were perfectly well behaved, and delightful company too.

Amber reminded Cooper and Penny of the rules before she left for work, and they recited them back without missing a single one.  "Listen to grandma Ronica.  Use your inside voice.  Grandma knows about nose and toes."  And then Penny said something about using her inside feet!"  LOL!  Yes, my precious little Penny now speaks in complete sentences.  And little girlfriend has a lot to say!
 Penny loved watching the chickens.
Annabelle, with her impeccable timing, laid the perfect egg for the children to discover.  And, it was her largest egg yet!  Well done Annabelle.
When Garrett and Blake got home from their photo shoot, the children were thrilled.  Penny sat on the porch swing with uncle Garrett.
 They discussed tattoos, the latest hair styles and football.
 Miss Penny had a lot to say!
Penny is perfect in every way.  She loves princesses, but she also loves her superheroes.  She seems so delicate and sensitive, but in truth, she is tough as nails!
 And Penny has the most loving and sweet little spirit too.
And Penny has informed me that chickens like Mac-N-Cheese.  Imagine that?  Here I thought I knew everything there was to know about my chickens.  We will have to add some Mac-N-Cheese to their diet.  Why?  Because Penny said so, that is why.  :)


Cooper continues to amaze me.  He is always very focused and determined and has the most incredible imagination. If you are not paying attention to everything he is telling you, and that can happen a lot when little sister interrupts, he will patiently wait for you to turn the attention back to him so he can continue his thought.
Cooper is a very old soul.  His heart is huge, and he loves so beautifully.
  I love this little boy so much!
And I am so thankful for Blake.  He has been sick with a terrible cold all this past week, and has not been sleeping well at all.  He had to be out the door at 7:00 AM to work a photo shoot with Garrett, and they worked a long day.  I honestly thought he would want to go straight to bed when he got home, and I wouldn't have blamed him one bit.
But instead he helped me keep Cooper and Penny entertained.  They played a long game of hide-n-go-seek, all through the house.  Then he made an awesome fort so they could watch movies together. He played with them until they left at 11:00pm.  

He will probably sleep all day tomorrow.  I think we both will. :)
Today I am thankful for my amazing family.  I have been blessed with a loving, supportive husband. I have been blessed with four loving, remarkable, amazing sons.  I have been blessed with the best daughter-in-law a mom could ever hope for, and two perfect and adorable grandchildren. Brandon and Amber are amazing parents.  I am honestly in awe of them.  Garrett has a beautiful girlfriend who is loving and kind.  Casey's girlfriend is genuine and sweet.  And Blake...well Blake is just freaking awesome.  

As for me, grandma Ronica is exhausted, and wee bit delirious, but in a good way.  

Life is good.  <3

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors