Friday, August 7, 2015

August 7, 2015 - Happy Weekend!

Such a lovely week this has been.  The weather has been nice and cool, and life has been peaceful.

I truly love being retired.  Gardening, backyard chickens, photography, the dogs.  Wait, something is missing?  Oh yeah, cycling.  Oh cycling, where have you been?  I have not touched my bike since my last ride on July 4th.  What the heck?  Every weekend I tell Blake that I want to get up early and ride to the Farmer's Market, and every weekend we sleep in.  lol :)  I will get back on my bike...eventually.

In the meantime, some photos from my world this week...

New growth on my decapitated pepper plant!  I may be a green thumb after all.  :)
The lovely Rosie.
 Miss Thelma.
 Annabelle.

 Dozer and his penguin.  He may be old, but he still loves his stuffed animals.  :)
 A beautiful Idaho sunrise.
 I love my garden early in the morning.

 Ducati is doing great with the chickens.





From garden to table.  I picked these delightful veggies for lunch and prepared some baked, breaded yellow squash.  Topped it with marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese.  And served with fresh tomatoes, green beans and peppers.  It was delicious!

My recipe for the squash...

Preheat oven to 450°.

Cut your squash into 1/4" slices, lay them out on the cutting board and sprinkle with salt.

Combine 1 egg,  1 tablespoon of milk in a shallow dish and set aside.

Combine 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, cracked pepper and any other spice you like in another shallow dish. 

Dip squash slices into egg mixture, 

then pat them into the bread crumbs (I really smash them into the bread crumbs)
and place on a baking sheet or foil that has been oiled with olive oil or vegetable oil.

Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy.

For the marinara sauce, I simply sautée some garlic in olive oil, add some green onion, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste.  Add fresh sliced basil after it comes to a simmer.  (You can use any marinara recipe here.)

Plate your squash, pour marinara over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

So much easier than deep frying.  :)

For your listening pleasure, some seriously cool tunage...
Have a great weekend!

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors