Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28, 2015 - Coop Progress!

Jack and Garrett have been working so hard on the coop the last two days.  Building a chicken coop is hard work, especially when you are using a lot of reclaimed building materials...which makes it even cooler.  We did get some new wood, but Garrett brought a lot of the materials from salvage. When you can take something old, and make something useful and new, that is always a good thing.

So far the coop is completely framed, and about 3/4 of the way done.

Willow window...check!

Skylight...check!

Comfortable roosting bar...check!

Wood parquet flooring...check!  Wait, what?  Okay, okay, we are not THAT obsessed, it is peel and stick linoleum.  lol

They still have to finish the trim, and build the nesting box on the back side.  I still need to decide on paint color for the trim, and decorations.  I am also going to have them build some planter boxes for my herbs, and maybe some flowers.   Garrett might even paint a custom art piece for the coop door.  He is not happy with the plywood look.  I think that would be amazing!

Next they have to build the enclosed run that will be attached to the actual coop, and build a door for the run.  The framing for that is reclaimed wood from a playhouse and deck that Garrett and his friend salvaged, and it will be completely enclosed with hardware cloth.  I will also be planting strawberry, mint and lavender around the chicken run itself.

I think my 3 little hens will be very happy with their new home.  Blake and Miss Lilly definitely approve.

Speaking of my three little hens, it is funny how they have worked their way into all of our hearts. They are just chickens, right?  Nope, they are our three little hens, and we LOVE them!  I even caught Jack having a conversation with "the girls" yesterday.  :)

My guys are awesome!  I can't wait to see the finished project.

 Miss Lilly is always keeping an eye on her chickens.



"Wait!  I can't see the chickens!  Someone has got to watch the chickens!!"
"Phew! There they are!"
"Hey mom?  Before we add the chickens to the coop, I think Miss Lilly and I will spend the night to be sure it is all secure."

Yeah...right...sure.  :)  It is a way cool place to hang out, watch a little Youtube under the stars.
 My willow window looks beautiful!
To be continued...

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors