Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 12, 2015 - Gardening With Chickens

Gardening with chickens is a rather enjoyable experience.  As I was working on the gardening today, I let the chickens free range in the back yard.  Every now and then they would walk over to me for a short visit.  They are delightful little friends, those chickens of mine.

Miss Lilly gets along so well with them too.  The chicks favorite treat is boiled egg mixed with oatmeal.  Miss Lilly rather enjoys that treat as well.  It is pretty funny to see a Miniature Pinscher and four chickens grazing together.  :)

Today I started some zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, cucumber and spinach.  All my veggies are doing really well.  I am hoping to get a huge harvest from all my work.  Gardening is fun!

Blake is doing better today as well.  The orthopedic surgeon sent me a much better support brace than the silly sling he had been using.  He will be returning to school tomorrow, and I wanted his shoulder to be as stable as possible.  He is a little nervous about navigating crowded junior high school hallways with a broken shoulder, but I think he will be fine.  I hope he will be fine.
.
 Miss Lilly and Thelma are going to miss their boy



Gardening with dogs and chickens...my new favorite thing.  :)






New plants started today...

A funny video from yesterday.  The chicks discovered worms!  Garrett was all too happy to help them find worms.


Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors