Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015 - Another Delightful Monday

If all Mondays could be as delightful as these last two Mondays have been, they would be my favorite day of the week.

Blake did stay home from school today as he has managed to get get a dreadful cold.  Colds are usually not a big deal, but when Blake catches a cold, his tonsils get really angry.

The weather was perfect, so I suggested he go outside and rest in the sun while I worked on the garden, and let the chickens run about.  A good dose of vitamin D did him a world of good.

I am working on training the chickens because I want to them to come to me when I call them.  I would like to let them free range for a few hours a day while I am gardening and keeping an eye of them.  For the most part, they are independent little hens, but at least they stick together.  Thelma seems to be the lead hen.  They follow her around quite well, and of all the hens, Thelma is the closest to me.  She loves to snuggle.

After a few minutes of free ranging in the yard, Blake decided to lay down in the grass and they all came running over to him.  Blake is the chicken whisperer.  Then I sat in the grass next to him, and all my babies came running over to me.  YAY!  I was so happy.  I felt like a true mother hen.  It was adorable.  :)

Then the best part of the day, my daughter-in-law Amber and grandson Cooper surprised us with a visit. Amber is working hard, getting ready to start her own business, and had been out running errands with Cooper.  I am so proud of Amber.  Going into business for yourself is a scary proposition...I know, I did it!  Amber is not afraid.  She has a dream, and she will see her dream come true, and it will be amazing!  A lot of work...but amazing.  Go Amber!!

My chickies.

 Thelma and Louise.
 Oh look, cilantro!
 Blake and Thelma.
 Blake and the girls.
Following their leader, Thelma. 

 Blake, the chicken whisperer.
 Just call me mother hen.  I love my little chickies so.  :)

 Amber and Cooper.  *love*





***CHICKEN CAM***


Life is good.  We are blessed.  :)


Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors