Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April 14, 2015 - Indoor Gardening 101

Indoor gardening is not exactly what I anticipated when I decided to grow a garden this year, but I am enjoying it none-the-less.

The weather today...holy cow!  We had a little snow/sleet this morning, as it was freezing.  The rest of the day has been crazy windy, gusts up to 37 mph winds, and so chilly.  Certainly in no way, shape or form, conducive to outdoor gardening.

I checked with a local gardening expert, and he told me not to even think of planting before May 10. In other words, spring has not fully sprung.

I don't mind though.  My planting boxes are still under construction, and daddy Jack is still laying out the backyard for me.  The fence dividing the garden from the dog's area is done, and it looks amazing. Jack still had to build the gate for me, and Garrett has to finish the planting boxes.

I am having all sorts of fun researching the chickens, and working with the boys on designing the ultimate chicken coop.  A great friend sent me some links for some chicken groups on Facebook, thank you Mary, and there are plenty of helpful videos on YouTube.  I am still not sure what breed my babies are, but Garrett promised to go to the place he bought them, and find out for me.

In the meantime, the chicks, and the plants, are enjoying a life of luxury in my breakfast nook.  We were not using it for dining anyway.  I have the plants set up on a bench, so weather permitting, Blake helps me carry them outside for sunshine and watering, then back inside for the evening.

So far so good.  My plants are thriving, and the baby chicks are happy, healthy, warm and growing.

New plant added today, a beautiful Easter Lilly courtesy of Jack.  Thank you honey.  :)



  The rest of my plants are doing great!
 My indoor garden.

 Blake is taking great care of the chickies.  He changes their water, feeds them, and spends a little time with them every day after school.
Miss Lilly thinks I have lost my mind.  She does not understand why I have conversations with plants and chickens on a daily basis.  Yes...I talk to my plants.  :)

In cycling news, the weather looks promising for the rest of the week, through the weekend.  I am hoping I can get in 20 - 30 miles again this week.  I have to keep moving!

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors