Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 4

Today was a gorgeous day to ride.  Blake and I decided to do the Westside ride.  This is an almost 17 mile ride along the green-belt, and the half-way point is Blake's favorite diner, Westside Drive-In.

The weather was perfect.  Blue skies, mild temperature, so it should have been a really easy ride.  About 4 miles into the ride, I had this wave of "ugh" come over me.  I can't explain exactly what happened, but I think my heart was giving me a huge..."screw you lady." We rested for a minute, drank some water, and pushed on.  After about 20 minutes I felt much better.  I am pretty sure it may have something to do with the fact that all I had for breakfast was an orange and a cup of coffee...either that or my heart is reminding me that I am no spring chicken anymore.  It was a little bit frustrating to be honest, but I am hoping once I get back in the swing of riding, all will be well with my ticker.

We did stop for lunch at the half-way mark.  Blake enjoyed his usual burger, sweet potato fries, fried mushrooms and zucchini sticks.  I enjoyed a garden salad, and some raspberry tea.  I will admit, I felt much better after sitting and eating some food.  One must not forget that the body needs fuel to run. Duh...

The rest of the ride was smooth sailing.

Total ride 16.35 miles...17 quarters earned for the challenge can.  Woot!











 And of course, Jessie Garcia can confirm the 16.35 miles...bouncing around in my backpack...lol  :)
And Happy Birthday to Garrett, who turned 27 today!  My most awesome, number one son.  I love you!
Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors