Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Well this has been an interesting 24 hours.  Casey's dog Ducati, who is now my dog Ducati, managed to escape the yard last night when I let him out.  Jack walked around the neighborhood trying to find him, but had no luck.  I let Casey know, and he drove right over to search, and was able to bring him safely home. Ducati is now in time out, and will be grounded for a month.  I have no idea what that means, but it is the "motherly" thing to do.

I woke up early this morning to boil some eggs, and was chatting with Garrett in the kitchen.  He looked over at the kitchen sink, and noticed that the drain on one side was now a gaping hole.  Next thing you know we hear a major "thunk" and discovered that the garbage disposal decided it did not care to hang around any more.  LOL, seriously, I did not know whether to laugh or cry.  Fortunately Jack was able to make repairs before he left for work this afternoon.  It is so wonderful being married to a husband who can literally fix anything.  Thank you dear.

Finally, I had a bit of an argument with Blake this morning.  He wanted to take a ride on his scooter a few blocks down the street to one of our local parks, to see if any of his friends from school were there.  No big deal right? Blake will be 13 in a few days, surely he is able to ride around this city all alone...said no mom ever!  At least not this mom.  I know I am over protective, I will admit that, but I seriously have a problem with Blake going anywhere alone.  Travel in pairs I always say.  Boise is a safe city, but you can never be too careful.  I will be glad when he is back in school, and he makes new friends in Junior High to go out with.  No, not really...I will be glad when he is back in school and he will be too busy with school to be scootering and skating about the city!  *grin*

"Blake, helmet?"
"Check"
"Cell phone?"
"Check"
"Rosary?"
"Ch...huh?  Rosary mom?"
"Oh wait...that is me.  Check!"
"Mom, you really need to learn to relax."

Finally, just got a call from Casey at work telling me that he came close to crushing his hand in a conveyor belt.  A coworker got his own arm stuck in the conveyor belt and it was crushing his elbow.  Casey reacted by shoving his fist into the belt to stop it and get his co-worker free.  "YOU DID WHAT?"  Oh Casey, you are not superman dude.  I am proud of him, and not at all surprised that he would do such a thing...but I have to remind these boys-o-mine that they are not indestructible.

Request permission to go back to bed and start this day over?

Actually no, this has been a crazy day, but a very good day.  Everyone is okay, the dog is back where he belongs, and my garbage disposal is not going anywhere right?  Right.  Glass half full.  Tis the little victories.

I did set up a Flikr page for Casey to store all his photos.  You can see his awesome images by clicking


Hope your day has been a peaceful one planet.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.  :)

My 365...
"Hey Dozer, I think mama needs a vacation."
"No, maybe she just needs a nap Miss Lilly."

"Sorry I ran away mama."


Music I am listening to today...alt-J, Hunger of The Pine


The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors