Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Well poop!  :(

Last night we had a pretty significant storm blow through Boise.  The wind was crazy, and the temperature dropped into the upper 40's.  The plan was to get to bed early so that Blake and I could head out on bike this morning to Ann Morrison park to watch the final balloon launch for the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic.

That was the plan...

Blake went to sleep about 1:30 AM, and I stayed up until I received a call from Brandon and Amber saying they had made it safely to their destination.  Brandon called just after 4:00 AM to say they had arrived. Yay! Keep in mind, staying up until 4:00 AM is not unusual for me on any day of the week, but I did have to be up at 6:00 AM to get to the balloon launch site. (Excuse # 1)  I had been monitoring the Facebook status of the Spirit of Boise, and the storm had done some significant damage to the balloon launch site, so they were not sure the launch was going to go on as planned.  I was pretty sure it would be cancelled. (Excuse # 2)

At about 4:45 AM, one of the dogs had to go out.  As soon as I opened the door to let him out, a blast of COLD air hit me in the face.  I knew if it was that cold already, 7:00 AM was going to be freezing! (Excuse # 3)

So yep...I went to sleep.  (Mistake # 1!)

When I woke up just before 9:00 AM, I looked out the window and was greeted by the most amazing blue skies we have had in weeks!  Yes it was chilly, 47°f, but the morning was stunningly perfect.  I immediately checked Facebook, and see this photo posted on the Spirit of Boise Facebook page...

Noooo!  Damn it!

Not only did the launch go as planned, but they launched 50 balloons in 2 minutes.  Wahhhhh! :*(  I just know the sight of that many balloons, with the foothills in the backdrop and a flawless Idaho sunrise, made for some spectacular photo opportunities.  Missed photo opportunities I might add.  I am SO mad at myself!!

There is a lesson here planet, and I have experienced this lesson so many times before.  Just a little bit of effort, always brings great reward!  Had I just made the effort to wake up on time, and bike down to the park, Blake and I would have been so happy that we did.  This has happened to us many times.  We come up with 100 excuses not to do something.  It is too hot, it is too cold, it looks like it might rain, too much wind, it is too late in the day....blah blah blah.  Then we go ahead and make the effort to do it, and we are ALWAYS so happy that we did.  That is just about every bike ride that I have forced Blake to go on with me.  lol  "Mom, I don't feel like it!"  I make him go, and he always tells me..."I am so glad we did."

Oh well, we did enjoy one earlier launch, and the Night Glow.  Next year we know...come rain or storm...we will not miss the grand finale launch, no matter what!

And remember, always live life to the fullest!  No excuses = no regrets.  :)

Hope you are having a great Sunday everyone.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.

My 365...
This morning I enjoyed a little play time with these two scoundrels.
 Miss Lilly would not get very close to RayRay, even though I had him on a leash.
I assured her that RayRay is only visiting, however she was still not very happy with me.  Notice Ducati in the background keeping a very close eye on the situation.   Silly doggies.

Here is an awesome video posted by the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic, on their Nightglow from Friday night that Blake and I did attended.  It was awesome!  I already can't wait until next year.

Music I am listening to today...Julia StoneA Heartbreak

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors