Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 1 and 2, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Happy August!  August is Blake's month, and a great month it shall be.  My baby boy turns 13 on the 13th. Excuse me?  What is that you say?  He turns 13?  Inconceivable!  Also awesome is that almost 14 years ago, I joined a mom's forum online at Delphi Forums with a group of ladies who were also expecting babies in August of 2001.  We are still friends to this day.  Wonderful women from all over the world, that I consider my dearest friends.  I love you ladies!!

It used to be that we celebrated a birth"day."  That soon turned into a birth week.  Now Blake has decided by executive order, that we shall celebrate a birth month.  As soon as the clock struck midnight on Thursday, Garrett and I took Blake birthday shopping for a few gifts.  Were in the heck does one shop at midnight you ask?  Walmart of course.  Walmart never closes.  :)

Blake has spent the last several months researching scooters, and had decided on a very specific scooter that he wanted for his birthday.  Not just any scooter ya know, had to be a Madd Gear scooter.  Fortunately, Walmart happened to have not only the brand he wanted, but a model that he never dreamed he would find.  I have to admit, it is pretty cool.  I also purchased a new helmet for him...safety first...and new headphones.  I don't know what it is, but Blake and I go through headphones so fast.  They just don't make them very well. I also got some cheesecake so we could celebrate early.

We did have fun shopping Thursday night.  It was a great way to kick off his birthday month.  Garrett is planning a nice camping trip for Blake, just the two of them, which I think is so awesome of Garrett. On the 13th, which also happens to be his birthday, Blake has orientation for Junior High school.  He is so excited about starting Junior High.  Here in Idaho, Junior high is grades 7, 8 and 9.  The school he will be attending is just a few blocks from home too, which is very convenient.

We still have some shopping to do.  New clothes, shoes...the kid wears a man size 9 now...and school supplies.  Blake is also taking guitar this year, so I plan on getting him a new guitar as well.

It is going to be a great month.

So...why am I posting my blog for August 1st on August 2nd you ask?  NO INTERNET!!  I was sitting at my desk working on Friday afternoon, and suddenly...poof, no signal.  I power cycled the modem, power cycled the computer, even power cycled the house and nothing.  I called CenturyLink to see if there was a problem in the area...surely there had to be a problem in the area, it is not like our house was suddenly struck by lightning.  "No mam, there is no problem in the area.  We will schedule a technician to come to your home." It was 2:30pm, so I say to the agent..."You will be sending a technician right over yes?" Her answer was no, she had to schedule someone for Saturday morning.  "NO!!!!!"

Having a technician come to the house is never easy.  The dogs have to be secured, furniture has to be moved so that there is easy access to wall outlets.  I hate it!

This  morning I was up at the crack of dawn to wait for the technician...and the technician never came.  I called Centurylink, and there is a recorded message..."We are aware there is a damaged cable in your area, and technicians are working to repair it as quickly as possible...blah, blah, blah.."  Really Centurylink, you mean I was right?  I went back to bed, and woke up several hours later to a green light on the modem.  Yay, Internet restored.

"Centurylink, you owe me a 24 hour credit."

To be honest, having a connectivity break was a good thing.  It is a little bit scary how our life really depends on being connected. I have been online since 1996, and have never not had access to the Internet.  For several years I even had cable and DSL running simultaneously to be absolutely certain that lack of connectivity would never be an issue.  My business depended upon me being able to remotely access my clients servers, and for this you need Internet access.

Mama is back online.  :)

Hope your weekend is going well planet.

Until next time...enjoy life and be kind to one another.

My 365...
Photos for August 1, 2014

Blake is ready for his Birthday month!

Awesome new Madd Gear scooter.

Photo of the day, August 2, 2014

Green light!  Connectivity restored.

Music I am listening to today...Snow Patrol, I Won't Let You Go  LOVED this movie, Divergent.


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors