Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Today I am feeling especially blessed.  I have four amazing sons, and I love them each equally.  Today though, I am going to talk about my number 1 son, my oldest, Garrett.

Last night we had a family meeting. Casey has a tendency to act his age...19, and he can drive us all a bit wonky.  "I love you Casey."  Big brother Garrett always quietly observes from the sidelines. Last night he decided it was time for some tough, real, talk.  He pulled Casey aside, and told him he was not to move until a few things were resolved.  Casey has a tremendous amount of respect for his big brother, so he listened. Garrett is a very gentle giant, who never EVER raises his voice, so when he did last night, it got every one's attention.  It was awesome.  I listened, as he gave his little brother the most amazing advice about life. Some real talk.  The sort of advice that every young man needs to hear from a strong male role model.  Casey listened, because Casey knows that Garrett comes from a place of honesty, sincerity and love.

Garrett is 26.  He is young, free to do whatever he wants with life, and certainly not obligated to solve this family's issues great or small.  It is not his responsibility.  But that does not matter to him.  Garrett puts all the people he loves in life first always.  The boys and I have always been a top priority in his life.  It is who Garrett is.

He does the same with complete strangers.  He goes out of his way, to be that guy who restores faith in humanity through his actions.  For example...Garrett goes to the gym pretty much every night to get his work out in.  In a gym you find all sorts of people. The egotistical muscle heads, who pretty much go to the gym to act superior, take selfies and judge everyone else.  The people like Garrett who are there to work hard, get fit, and not socialize, and finally, especially at that time of night, the people who are struggling with weight, who are there to better themselves.  It is the latter of the group who often have it the hardest.  Garrett had been noticing two men, about his age, who are at the gym working hard every night.  Men who are really struggling with weight, and pushing hard to do something about it.  He had mentioned them to me a couple of times before, telling me how impressed he is with their dedication. After his workout, Garrett noticed these men leaving at the same time and he decided to approach them in the parking lot.  He simply wanted to tell these men, that seeing them working so hard, their dedication to improve themselves, has been truly inspirational.  Garrett wanted to thank them for inspiring him.  He also offered to help them if they ever needed it.

*Insert mama tears of pride here*

That planet, is my son.  My son is that rare human being who makes life so much better.  He has spent the last few days helping his best friend move into his new home.  Today, he is helping his best friend's dad do some work.  He is that guy who has your back, he is that guy who always goes the extra mile, he is that guy who never complains, he is that guy who will give you big, strong shoulders to lean on, he is that guy who can make you laugh until you cry, he is that guy who will jump in front of a speeding train to save you...and that guy is my son, and I love him with all of my heart.

Garrett has been working so hard lately.  This afternoon he was invited to spend the 4th of July in the mountains with friends. However, he felt the need to ask me if I needed him to be here with us first.  "What? Of course take that time for yourself this weekend, you have earned it!"  And I know he is going to have an amazing time!  "Garrett, thank you for all you do. I love you son."

That is all.

Until next time...

My 365...
I have some new plants to add to my little garden today.  
 Yummy fresh basil.
And some mint! 


Music I am listening to today...Danny Gokey, Hope in Front of Me


The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors