Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Hello planet.  Another hot day in Boise today, at 100°f, but it did not feel too bad inside.  Yesterday Jack cleaned all the filters and vents, and that seems to have helped cool the house a bit more.  I also made sure all the shades were closed.  Ordinarily I love all the shades wide open, as I love natural light pouring into the house, but it also keeps things too warm.  The forecast for tomorrow is a high of 102°f.  Yikes!


What is crazy to me is that last summer I remember riding my bike over 20 miles in 99°f temps with no problems.  I miss that Veronica.  :)

Needless to say, we did not do much today.  Lots of relaxing with movies, Youtube and video games.

For my photo today I was looking forward to shooting the Supermoon this evening with my new 75-300mm lens, but because it did not work, I gave up on that idea.  As we watched the moon rise, it was so gorgeous I decided to try the lens again.  Surprisingly, I discovered that it works beautiful on manual focus.  What?  So I managed to get some amazing photos.  But what the heck auto-focus?  If I am using the T3, and Live View, I manually focus anyway...so it is no big deal.  I am still going to contact the seller and let him know.  But yay for Supermoon pictures!

I have a new favorite snack too.  I fill a glass just under a half with hot water, add a teaspoon of instant coffee, and top with a couple of scoops of vanilla bean ice cream.  Instant frappuccino, and a great remedy for a headache.

Hope you are having a great weekend everyone!

Until next time...

My 365...
Supermoon, July 12, 2014 

ISO 100, 1/125, f8, 75-300mm lens, Canon Rebel T3.
Some shots focusing on the trees and not the moon...



The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors