Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a great day today.  It ended up being way too hot to take that 20 mile bike ride.  Even if it hadn't been, Blake would not have wanted to go.  Yesterday, while we were riding, he spotted a basketball hoop on the ground in front a house down the street.  He asked his father to go inquire about said basketball hoop, and the lady sold it to him for $5.00.  With some help from Garrett and daddy, he now has his very own basketball hoop at home.  He is SO happy!  It is an awesome hoop too.

Today he wanted to spend the day shooting some hoops.  First with me...I lasted about 20 minutes in the hot sun. Thankfully daddy can handle the sun better than I can, and he and Blake played basketball for most of the day. Then after basketball, Blake made daddy go skateboarding with him.  Jack came in laughing and said.."Mama, Blake is going to kill me today!"  lol :)

Casey came home last night to pick up some of his things, and he is spending a few days with his big brother Brandon in Nampa.  This is a good thing.  It gives Casey and I both a break from the drama, and it helps Brandon, in that Casey can give him car rides into Boise for work.  I am very thankful to Brandon and Amber for offering to let Casey stay for a few days.  Casey did stop by at home this afternoon to give me a hug, tell me he loves me, and introduce me to his new friend.

So what is the lesson here planet?  For me it is the same lesson that keeps presenting itself to me over and over and over again, but I have a hard time grasping it.  And that is..."mind your own business mama!"  If one of the boys is making a choice that I don't agree with, it is not up to me to make that determination. Unless of course this is referring to Blake...I still have some say there.  Seriously though, I am not the one walking in Casey's shoes, therefore I have no say.  My only responsibility, once my boys became adults, is to be here with a hug, and an "I love you"...and spare them the "What the hell son?"...and the "I told you so." I can do that...then scream into my pillow when no one is watching.  :)

Hope you had a great day planet!  A big "THANK YOU," to all of our brave service men and women.  We are the land of the free, because of the brave.

Until next time...

My 365...
"Mom, I was shooting a basket, and the roses jumped out in front of me.  Sorry!"


 Swoosh!
 Some basketball with daddy.

 Woot! Go daddy!
 Happy Memorial Day.

Music I am listening to today...John Mayer, Say What You Need to Say


The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors