Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Happy Sunday.  This weekend started out as a bit of a downer.  That happens when I am on the "outs" with one of my boys.  It does not happen often, thank God, but when it does, it is a real bummer.

I love my sons with all my heart, and I know they love me.  From time to time, Casey surrounds himself with people who I don't approve of.  Too bad, so sad for me...I know.  But here is the thing about me.  I am crazy over protective of my boys, and if I get the feeling in my mama instinct that nothing good shall come of this, I don't sit quietly in a corner and keep my mouth shut.  I should, but I don't.  If one of the boys asks me what I think, they are going to hear exactly what I think, sans the sugar coating.  It is how I mother.  I am not suggesting that it is the best way to mother, because I know better, but it is how "I" mother.

So far, I have not been off base in my assessment of the situations.   Well, that is not true, there was one time...  I did not approve of Brandon's wife Amber.  I thought she was adorable when I first met her, but I always felt Brandon was way too young to be serious with a girl.  They met when he was 14.  But here is the thing about Amber and Brandon, they have been together ever since.  They have showed me what true love and devotion is, and I adore Amber.  They have had a really hard journey which I wish they could have somehow avoided, but it has only served to strengthen their love for each other.  Sure, Amber and I still have our moments, but we can work through them. The problem with Amber and I is that we are so much alike.  Oh goodness, I feel sorry for Cooper and Penny when they start dating.  lol :)

Back to Casey, he is 19...he is a man.  He can do anything he wants to do, but that does not mean that I have to like it.  If I don't like it, he will hear about it.  Thankfully, my boys are very close to each other and are there for each other always.  So if mama is sitting high and mighty on her throne, they can seek advice and support from each other.  Garrett and Brandon are amazing big brothers.

We will work it out, we always do.  Casey and I can never stay mad at each other for very long.  But mama has a new rule.  Do not bring a girl home to meet me until you have dated her for a solid 6 months.  Then I know you are serious, and I will make my assessment more sensitively.  Otherwise you may end up getting the mama..."What the hell are you thinking???" response.  Just keeping it real here.

On this day, Sunday, May 25, 2014, I will go on record as saying...."Casey!  What the hell are you thinking?"  If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

Blake and I enjoyed a short bike ride to the park today, and even played some basketball.  It was my first bike ride since being sick, and it was not too bad.  My stamina is not what it was last summer, or even last month for that matter, but I am confident I can build it up again.  There is a ride I want to take for Memorial Day tomorrow that is 20 miles.  Ordinarily, that would be a walk in the park for me, but now I am not so sure.  We shall see.  :)

Until next time...

My 365...
Fun at the park with my Blake.  *love*









It is exhausting playing basketball with me...when you are the one chasing the ball around the court.  :P


Music I am listening to today...John Mayer, Stop This Train


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors