Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

Please remind me that just because I have suddenly gotten a burst of energy, it is not a good idea to overdo it immediately as it will only set me back to square one.  Ugh.  I was feeling better last night, so I decided to do some much needed cleaning around the house.  Just before bed, my back reminded me that it is in charge of me and it went out again.  Today I am back to walking around like a grandma.  Yes, I know I am a grandma, but I do not like to move like one.

The good news for today is that Acer finally delivered my recovery disks for my new computer.  After a three hour, 5 disc restoration process...5 disc!...my computer was back up and running like new.  Yay! Then I went to update Windows to 8.1, and it failed.  I had to go through the restoration process yet again. Needless to say I am not going to update Windows until I have figured out what the problem is.  Thank goodness for my GalaxyNote tablet, it has kept me plugged in to my social networks for the past week.

Just remember planet...back up your data weekly!  At the very least monthly,  You never know when your computer will fail you.  In all fairness, I have decided it is not the Acer hardware that failed, but Windows 8.1.  I do love it, but from what I could gather by researching the error that shut me down, it was more than likely due to an instability in the software.  At least now I have my restoration discs...all 5 of them...so I can restore anytime I need to. Really though Acer, 5 discs?  This is 2014!  One DVD or USB key would have sufficed.

And I would like to say a word about Acer technical support.  The three different tech support agents I have spoken with this past week, all women, and all in India, were very helpful.  These women were professional, understanding, and I sincerely appreciated the quality of tech support they provided me.  However, Acer still sucks...and now I have decided that Microsoft does too.  I should have gone with the iMac.

Hope your day was a good one planet.  :)

Until next time...

My 365...
This is what I have been doing for the last 6 hours.  *sigh*

Music I am listening to today...The Fray  Where The Story Ends


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors