Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, 2014

My 365...

I am feeling like such a slug!  I know the cure to this sluggish feeling, and I need to engage that cure.  Time to get up on my bike, and ride.  It is that, and only that, which will re-energize me body and soul, and get me back on the road to strong health.  The problem is...well, let me rephrase that as there is truly no problem here...the challenge, is in taking that first step...or in this case first ride.  All it takes is a little determination and will power.  In other words, JUST DO IT!  (Well played NIKE, well played.)  :P

I know once I take that first long ride, I will be fine.  Sure, I will be sore, and I will grumble, but once I am riding and breathing the beautiful, sweet, cool, Idaho air, I will be happy.  It will be 100 percent amazing.

Fortunately, the weather is in my favor this weekend.  I mean come on, look at this...


...I would be crazy not to take full advantage of this gorgeous weather!

The initial plan for the weekend was for Blake to go to Nampa this evening, and spend a few days with his favorite people, brother Brandon, sis Amber, and my grandbabies Cooper and Penny.  However, I objected.  "I object!" No, not really, he could have still gone, but he knew that I would go riding alone and that is never okay with that overprotective son-o-mine.  I am telling you planet, my boys can be a tough crowd.

Today I will get the bikes ready, charge the cameras, and load the iPod full of good riding music.  I also need to check for any challenges on Endomodo.  That is always a good source of inspiration, and I love a good challenge.  Then tomorrow we ride at least 15 miles!  Then rest and repeat at least 10 miles on Sunday.

"Do you hear that planet, mama is going on a 15 mile bike ride!"

First challenge for me...Mighty Female Spring Challenge!  I know it started the end of February, so I am way behind the power curve, but who cares?  If it motivates me to move...then it is a good thing.

You have an amazing weekend planet!  Take that first step, or first ride.  JUST DO IT!  (Oh NIKE, you marketing genius you.)  You will be so happy that you did.

Until next time...
"Blake?"
 "Blake?"
 "Ohhhh Blake...."
"BLAKE!"

"Yes mom?  Did you say something mom?"
 "I think it is time to step away from the Animal Crossing young man."
"Okay mom."  

Ten minutes later, he was sound asleep.  School and homework can be an exhausting proposition!

Casey...getting ready to work another 12 hour shift.  He can work 5 back to back 12 hour shifts, and he still has enough energy to climb a mountain.  Casey is almost three full months since his jaw surgery, and he is doing great!

Music I am listening to today...Heather Small, Proud


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,




Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors