Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014

My 365...

"Just five more minutes mama."  That was Blake this morning when I was trying to wake him up for school.  Ordinarily, he leaps out of bed, and is dressed and ready to go by 8:00am.  The thing is, he does not even have to be to school until 9:15, but he loves to hang out with friends in the community center before the bell rings, if he is not on duty for safety patrol.  Not today.  My poor baby was exhausted.  We all are.

It is a good exhausted though.  We put our heads together as a family last night, and we worked it out.  Between Garrett and myself, we were able to bring Casey back to planet earth, with both feet firmly planted here in his home, and back on track with this thing called life.  Let me just pause to take a moment to reflect on how freaking amazing my family is.  Garrett inspires, and Casey listens.  I took the stern, but calm approach, and Garrett kept our heads in the logic zone.  Above all, we hit Casey with the most powerful force on the planet, and that force is family love. 

Casey is a remarkable, amazing young man, and I am so proud of him.  His only true fault in life, is that he wears his heart on his sleeve, so he is very easily manipulated by people and situations that take full advantage of that.  He wants to save the world no matter the cost to himself.  In other words, his intentions are pure, but the choices he sometimes makes, are not in his own best interest.  Fortunately, the foundation I have built for my family is a strong one, one that can hold up against any storm.  The big bad wolf that can sometimes be life, could not blow this house down!

The entire experience left us all feeling a little as if we had been run over by a freight train. I am emotionally exhausted, we all are, but we are strong.  Everything is going to be fine.  We have each other, and we have the people who matter most in life surrounding us.  The big bad wolf, and all the people represented by him...can kiss my ass!  Yes, I really did just say that...lol  :)

And dude!  It was just after 1:00am, and my best friend on the planet called.  She read my blog, and knew something was wrong so she called me all the way from Canada.  She reminded me of what really matters in life.  She even took the time to talk to Casey for a bit, and we both really appreciated it.  So Lisa, thank you sis. You are the bomb-diggity and I love you!

I will spend the rest of the week recovering.  Unfortunately, I am still sick, so it has been some serious bed rest for mama.  I had to place weekly family night on hold till next week, which makes me very sad, but I need to get better.  This is the longest I have ever been sick, and I am so over it.  *blargh*  I also need some quiet time to rebuild my spirit.  Us mama's have to keep our spirit strong.

Life is back on track.  I LOVE my family, they love me...and all is well. 

Until next time...

Casey has everything he needs in life...a strong family...
...a big brother, who has his back always...


Good friends....

And an awesome set of wheels.  lol :)

"I love you Casey."

"I love you Garrett."
"I love you Brandon and Blake too."  I am the luckiest mama on the planet.  *love*

Music I am listening to today...Agnes Obel, Dorian


The Daily V...RIP Tom Barker.

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors