Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

My 365...

Sleep, who needs it?  Not us moms.  Casey usually works the graveyard shift.  Yesterday, he was asked to come in a 7:00AM this morning, and work a 12 hour shift.  Of course he said yes, but he is not used to this time schedule.  He is more accustomed to being awake all night, and sleeping in the morning.  But Casey loves work, so he will take anything they offer him.

It was time for bed, and he was really worried that he would not be able to sleep, or even worse, he would not hear the alarm in the morning.  I told him not to worry, that I would be sure he was up and ready to go by 6:30AM.

I am a night owl.  Sleep never comes for me at night, and I am usually up reading or watching movies until 2-3:00AM...sometimes after 4:00AM.  That was me last night.  I started to worry that I would not hear the alarm for Casey, so I ended up staying awake for it.  Finally about 5:45AM, I went downstairs and made a big breakfast for Casey.  Sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and fruit.  I knew he had not slept well at all last night either, so I wanted to be sure he was wide awake before he had to go off to work.

While I was in the kitchen cooking, Jack came down.  "Why are you up so early mama?  Oh, let me guess, you have not even been to bed yet?"  LOL, yep.  Daddy woke up early too because he wanted to be sure Casey was not running late.  When Casey came down to the kitchen, daddy and I were waiting for him with a big breakfast.  We enjoyed some time together talking about work, cars, girls and life...you know, guy stuff, and we enjoyed some delicious breakfast together.  It was really nice.  Then Casey got off to work on the right foot.  Yay!

Needless to say, mama went straight to bed.  ZZZZzzzzzzz......  At least for a little while.  The rest of the day will be spent doing laundry.  A mother's work is never done.

Note to my future self:  "Future self, today was an awesome day.  You are one lucky lady!"

Until next time...
"Blake, I need to take my photo of the day." 
Blake and Miss Lilly, playing a little Call of Duty today.
 "Okay mama, get lost, Blake and I are trying to save the world!"

Project "Restore the Kraken" commences!  I took these photos last night before the sun went down.  Garrett has started restoring his beast of a truck, and he is letting his little brothers help him.  My boys are awesome that way.  

I LOVE this truck, it has so much character.  A real classic!  

 Nice socks there Casey.  :)

Off with the old paint.  The previous owner did a terrible job of painting this beauty.  Garrett is stripping it down, and is going to paint it back to its original white.

It is going to look amazing when Garrett has this 40 year old truck, looking like new.  And even more importantly, my boys are going to have fun doing it.  .

Music I am listening to today...As requested by Casey.  (I love it when the boys request the song of the day.)   The Black Keys  ,  Little Black Submarines


The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors