Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 22, 2014

My 365...

March 22, 1988 was a very special day in my life.  On this day, 26 years ago, just after 10:00 AM, my oldest son came into this world...all 20 1/4 inches, 8 pounds 1 ounces of pure love.  He seldom cried, he never complained, and to this day, he has the calmest, kindest, sweetest spirit of any other human being I have ever known.

Every year I try to put to words how amazing my Garrett is, and to be honest, I feel like I can never say enough about this young man...my son.  He is a giant with a giant heart to match.  Just as he was as a baby, he never complains.  Sure, life gets him down from time to time, but Garrett never loses his focus, never raises his voice, and never loses his temper.  He is endlessly positive and forever smiling.  He always puts family first, and he protects this family with his giant presence in life.  He is our rock.

Garrett is funny.  He likes to superglue produce to light fixtures, shovel snow against the doors, and play practical tricks on us every chance he gets.  He is always making us laugh...and occasionally making this mama crazy.

Son, the year you were born...

Ronald Reagan was president of the United States.  Michael Douglas won the Academy Award for Wall Street, and Cher for Moonstruck, and the best motion picture of the year was The Last Emperor.  Number one song was Michael Jackson, "Man in the Mirror."

A gallon of gas was .91 cents.
A postage stamp was .24 cents.
A gallon of milk was $1.89.
A movie ticket was $3.50
You could get an IBM Computer with a whopping 30 MB hard drive and 512K memory, with a mono monitor for only $1, 249.00.  A 30 MB hard drive?  Wow.  :P

Feeling old son? :)

Other famous people born today...My favorite gladiator from the TV show Scandal, Huck, Guillermo Díaz.
The incomparable Captain James T. Kirk, of the USS Enterprise, William Shatner. And a few other notables.

But the most famous person born in my world on this amazing day in history...was you.  "Happy Birthday my darling son.  I love you!"

Until next time...
Footprints forever on this mama's heart.  
My handsom son, Garrett.  :)

Garrett is working on his truck today, with his younger brothers Casey and Blake.  He really hates posing for pictures, so I had to steal a few of my own when he wasn't looking.  *grin*




Casey and Blake love spending time with big brother Garrett...and Garrett loves spending time with them.


 I have the most amazing sons in the world.  *love*

Music I am listening to today...Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger, Let Me Go


The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors