Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 365 Year Five! Welcome 2014!

My 365...

As I sit here on this last day of 2013, I am smiling from ear to ear.  I did it, year number four done, and not a single day missed!  I have managed to post at least one photo a day for another 365 consecutive days.  Yay me  And what a wonderful year it has been too.  Milestones all around, and a new baby welcomed into the family too.  My precious granddaughter Penny.

I am also wondering...what I could have possibly done so right to be blessed with so many amazing people in my humble little life?  My riches can not be weighed in gold, my wealth is immeasurable pride and gratitude for a life that is filled with precious little moments in time that remind me how amazing my life really is.

Four years ago, I picked up a camera and decided that I would take a few minutes out of every single day to capture a moment in time in my life.  No excuses, good times or bad, sunshine or storm, a camera had to come out of the bag, and I had to make the effort to snap a photo.  I started with a cell phone camera, graduated to a simple point and shoot Nikon and Pentax, and thanks to the influence of my amazing photographer son Garrett, have graduated to a Canon DSLR.  I am still waiting patiently to have camera's permanently implanted in my retina's so that all I have to do to capture a photo is blink.  Oh wait, that is already possible and it happens every second of every day.  Thank you brain. 

The other day I mentioned to my son Brandon that I had decided that this would be the last year of my 365.  It is too much to worry about.  I am always stressing that I might miss a day.  I do not do well with deadlines ya know.  Maybe for 2014, I will change to My 52?  A photo a week for 52 weeks?  He looked at me, and asked "Why?"  And it is not the simple fact that he asked why?  It is the tone I caught in his voice when he did ask.  I got the same sentiment for everyone in my family...."Why mom?"  Good question?  So the answer is...I am ready for year number five.  What is one more "365 days" of memories?  It is 365 more days of taking a few minutes out of my day to pause and capture one of the many, many, many simple moments that we are gifted with every single day.  Besides, it is not like I have nothing to photograph.  Four amazing sons, a beautiful daughter-in-law, two beautiful grandchildren, three dogs, and two grand-doggies, and I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the country.  Yep...lots of camera candy up in here.  I will simply combine the Daily Photo with the Doggy Daily to make it easier.  I can do this.  

Welcome to "My 365" year number five.  My little family journal, chapter five...with pages yet to be written.  This is a good thing.  :)

Happy New Year planet!  Take a moment every day to breathe deeply.  Take a moment out of every day to realize how precious every single second of life that we are blessed with truly is.  Surround yourself with people who love you, and inspire you..distance yourself from those who don't.  And if you happen to have a camera in your hand...take a picture!  Make it last forever.

Here is to year number five!  *Cheers!*

Much love from "Grandma Camera" in Idaho.  <3

My Year 2013 in Pictures...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors