Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 28, 2013

My 365...

Happy Saturday planet!  Hope you enjoyed a nice peaceful day.

Today was a beautiful, cold, clear Idaho winter day.  Our temperature just barely crawled above the freezing mark.  I feel like it has been so long since I have been out to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine, as the weather has been so cold for the past two months.  I really miss my bike rides.  Hopefully come Spring, I will not have forgotten how to ride.  I am really looking forward to my trip to McCall for the Winter Carnival in January that my son Brandon and daughter-in-law Amber are treating me to.  It is going to be an amazing adventure!

Usually about this time, I am feeling the "post-Christmas" blues.  But I don't feel that way at all this year.  Our focus this Christmas was not gifts.  Rather than concentrating on all the "wants", we celebrated all that we already "have."  No spending money we really could not afford to spend, just to give a carload full of gifts that would soon be forgotten...then stressing about finances after the season.  This year our focus was family. Being together, enjoying each other's company, being thankful for the roof over our head, and the food on our table. Glorious simplicity.  Come to think of it, I feel that way every single day of the year.  It should not take a special holiday to appreciate our blessings.  The holiday spirit should carry us through the entire year.  This year I know it will, which is why there are no blues.   :)

This evening I am making some delicious potato/lentil/carrot soup.  I had the last of the ham, and the ham bone left, so making a hearty winter soup sounded like a great idea.  It smells amazing!

Until next time...
Casey...always ready for adventure.
Idaho blue skies.

  Beautiful sunset.
Soup is ready!

***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...John Mayer, In Your Atmosphere



The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors