Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18, 2013

My 365...

As we come to the close of Blake's first semester in mainstream school, I have mixed emotions about stopping my home school curriculum with him.  As far as academics are concerned, I am thrilled with the teachers, and the school.  They have given Blake attention where he has needed it the most, and he is progressing well.  As far as everything else is concerned, wow.  Just...wow.

I know I can't keep Blake sheltered in a bubble all his life, and he is going to be exposed to harmful elements at every turn as he grows.  He needs to learn how to deal with these elements.  The key to his success through all of these challenges is going to be having a strong home base, and having a good solid relationship with us, his family, so that he knows where to turn when he is confused.  And even more important, he knows what choices need to be made.  However, wow...just wow.

It is so depressing to me that children simply can't be children today.  They are having to grow up too fast.  I am not sure I can put my finger on exactly what the problem is, but something needs to happen here.

Thankfully Blake has me, and he has his brothers to guide him through this mine field called adolescence. But what a precarious journey it is.  One false step, and *boom* disaster.  I am so thankful that he knows he can talk to me about anything, but I worry about him.  I can't even fathom how a child can get through life without a strong connection to home.  Some days I wish they could be my babies forever.

*sigh*

Until next time...

***Doggy Daily***

"I know you have a lot on your mind mama.  However, if you can't think of anything to photograph, it is not okay to string Christmas lights on the diva.  I mean really?"


Music I am listening to today...Christmas Music, Baby It's Cole Outside


Random Link of the Day...Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Cups

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors