Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3, 2013

My 365...

Happy Sunday planet.  Our day started out a little melancholy.  A combination of the weather, and "sad that our 4-day weekend was over"...going on in my house.  We did have some sort of snow falling today.  Not quite hail, not quite fluffy snow.  You know, DippinDots.  :)

Casey has been working so hard this week.  Long back to back shifts, so he was exhausted.  I encouraged him to stay home and catch up on some much needed sleep.  When he finally got the wind back in his sails, we had a nice evening together.  "Mom, let me educate you on some good music."  He does this all the time.  He makes me sit with him by the computer, and introduces me to all the new artists he has discovered.  He has amazing, very eclectic, taste in music too.  I love it!

By the end of the day we were all feeling better.  Blake requested something "good" for dinner, and I had been craving chicken-fried steak for weeks, so I thought I would give it a try.  I am a southern woman after all y'all. Surely I should be able to whip up a good southern fried dinner...right?

Great news, my dinner came out perfect!  Thank you Youtube.  Bad news, Blake and I could not eat it! After two days of healthy fruit and veggie smoothies, the last thing our stomachs wanted was a heavy dinner. He and I got through about 1/4 of our plates and we were so done.  Interesting side-effect of eating healthy. I have to say, I had never felt better...until I tried to eat a heavy dinner, then I felt like poop.  Ugh!  Garrett, Casey and Jack had no problems eating the steaks though, they are carnivores after all.

I don't mind dropping red meat and dairy from my diet, but Blake is a little mad at me.  "MOM!  You broke me!"  lol  I told him not to worry, I will figure out a happy balance for him.  Honestly though, before tonight's dinner...we truly were feeling great.  Energized, no more bloated feeling, and a general feeling of good health.  I am not exaggerating, these fruit/veggie smoothies are amazing.

Hope you had a great weekend planet.  Have and awesome Monday, and a great week ahead.  Until next time...

Blake getting his sk8te on.



I love contrast.


I started with this...
And ended up with this.  
It came out delicious!  My daughter-in-law, the family chef, would have been proud of me.  Too bad I couldn't eat it.  The boys loved it though, so that made me happy.  And yes, I steamed the heck out of the broccoli.  We like our broccoli well-done.  :)

***Doggy Daily***
"It is too soon for snow mama...make it stop!"

1,440

Music I am listening to today...Joe Brooks, Holes Inside


Random Link of the Day...Apple, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese Stuffing

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors