Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013

My 365...

Change is good right?  Well it is if it saves you money it sure is.  We have been with our local cable company, CableOne, since we moved here to Idaho in 1996.  They have steadily gotten more expensive, and their service quality has steadily declined, especially in our new house.  I am constantly having to call for service issues, and it inevitably ends in a technician coming out which is very inconvenient.  For $180 a month, I want blazing fast Internet!  Sure that includes basic Cable TV and phone, but I am so tired of resetting the modem on a daily basis when our connection speed starts to crawl.

My son worked for CenturyLink, and he uses CenturyLink at home, so I thought I would give it a try.  The cost is half of what I pay for cable, and the speed is "supposed" to be double.  I had it activated today, and spent the morning setting up the computers to the new service.  Well, we are not getting double the speed, but it is much faster than cable thus far.  The phone was working great until I plugged in a phone on the first floor...now the phone is not working at all.  *sigh*  Needless to say, they are going to have to send a technician over tomorrow.  Internet is working fine, but the phone is not working at all.

I am not ready to make the final determination yet.  I am going to run both services side by side for at least a week to be sure I am ready to cut my cable cord.  I really hope CenturyLink performs as promised. Saving money in this economy is always a good thing.

It has been a quiet day otherwise in my world.  Blake had school pictures today, so big brother Garrett cut his hair for him last night.  He looks really handsome. I can't remember the last time I purchased school pictures.  They never turn out very good, but Blake takes them for the yearbook anyway.

Have a great evening!  Until next time...

When Blake got home from school, I took his picture.  Mama's school picture for 2013.  :)

***Doggy Daily***
Miss Lilly is helping me with laundry today.

875

Music I am listening to today...Sam Tsui , Worth It


Random Link of the Day...Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors