Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17, 2013

My 365...

Well into week two of being sick, and I am over it.  Kicking this gunk to the curb, I want my energy back!  Rawrrrrr......  It has been far too pretty outside to be feeling poopy.  This sucks.  :*(

Maybe it is because I need all my rest to help Blake with all his homework in the evenings.  He has WAY too much homework.  It is getting ridiculous.  After he has been in school all day learning, the last thing I want for him is to be stressing all night about homework until 10:00pm.  He is very organized though, and knows exactly what needs to be done.  Jack helps him with math, and I help him with everything else.  We do get it all done, however, I would like to send a message to his teacher..."Chill out dude!  Pace yourself!"  At least Blake still loves going to school.  He was wavering a bit there for a moment, saying he wanted to home school again, but that only lasted for a couple of days.  He is back in the game again, and loving it.  :)

We all have our good days and our bad days.  Now that I am retired from the 9 - 5 grind, every day is full of possibilities.  I do love it.  Now if my body would get to feeling better...I would love it even more. NaNoWrimo is starting in a few weeks, and this time I WILL get through to the end.  I have no idea what I am going to write about, but that is the fun part.  It will come to me, and a story will grow.  Remaining creative is the key to staying young.  I can only spend small periods of time typing on a keyboard before my hands say "enough!"  It may be slow going, but I have to keep my hands moving a little or they will become useless appendages.  Can't have that.

In the meantime I read.  I have a voracious appetite for reading.  The sad thing is that I have yet to find a book that captures my interest beyond the first chapter.  "Just carry me through chapter one, that is all I ask! Then, and only then, you shall have me forever hooked.  Your faithful, captive reader."

Please spare me the vampires, werewolves and walking dead.  Don't get me wrong, it is all quite entertaining and sexy, I love you Niklaus Mikaelson, but I need something new!  And by ALL means, keep your "Fifty Shade of Embarrassing Stupidity" as a doorstop where it belongs.  Better yet, as starter paper for the fireplace.  How anyone with the slightest modicum of intelligence could find entertainment value in such garbage boggles my mind?  I need a hero in my world...a Katniss Everdeen bad ass who knows how to go through life with her head held high, saving the world with an intense focus that would make any man shake in his boots.  I LOVE a strong heroine!  Hmmm...Katniss Everdeen versus Christian Grey, now that would be the shortest love story in history of literature.

Opening scene...

He peers longingly into her eyes.  She glances back at him, rolling her eyes in complete and utter disgust. Men like him are no mystery, his reputation precedes him.  She raises her mighty crossbow, takes aim....and boom, he takes an arrow to the knee.  She tosses him a necktie, not just any necktie will do.  This one a sartorial quality silk necktie by Pal Zileri, tonal gray, hand stitched from Italy..."Looks like you need this more than I do."  The end.  Ha!  LOL, hey even I know how to be silly and completely ridiculous from time to time.  :)

Thank God for John Green.  Now that man can write!

Hope your day was a good one planet!


***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...Rae Morris, Grow


Random Link of the Day...Pumpkin Parmesan Biscuits

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors