Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7, 2013

My 365...

I am so excited!  I was able to turn the air conditioning off last night.  Even today by almost 2:00pm, it was still off and the house felt cool.  YAY!!  Autumn is on the way, and this signals the end to my almost $600.00 per month electricity bill!

You know what else it means?  Biking adventures for mama!  Today's goal, 10 miles.  Shape-up September is off to a great start.  Miles to date for September...20.58 miles.


Today's ride was fun.  Blake did experience a flat, so we had to stop several times so he could pump his tire.  We also stopped for a picnic lunch, and to let him ride his skate board around the fountain at Ann Morrison park.

There was a lot of foot and bike traffic on the green belt today.  We discovered that Art in the Park is taking place at Julia Davis park.  (I really need to keep up on our community calendar.)  Then we also rode through Boise State University right when a Bronco game was just getting out, and ran into a sea of orange and blue clad pedestrians.  The Broncos won!  Woot, go Broncos! I am not much of a football fan, but I do love my Boise State Broncos.

All in all it was a great day, despite the tire difficulties.  Hopefully we can repair Blake's bike tire so we can take another ride tomorrow and enjoy some Art in the Park.

PS...this empty nest thing is not so bad.  I still get to help Blake with homework, which I love, and I am helping Kori and Garrett too.  My favorite subject thus far?  Garrett is taking Spanish this semester at Boise State University. Easy "A" honey...mama knows her Español baby.  :)

Hope your day was awesome planet.

Helping Garrett with his Español lessons.  
A beautiful day for a bike ride.



 A yummy picnic lunch.
 Playing in the mist of the fountain.



 Stopping to pump up his tire....
 ...over..and over...and over again!

 Total ride...10.23 miles.


***Doggy Daily***

Kori's dog Stella...she likes to hang out under my desk.  :)


Music I am listening to today...Tyler Ward ft Two Worlds Music , Roar


Random Link of the Day...Bacon Double Cheese-Burger Puffs

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors