Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26, 2013

My 365...

Casey had a successful first 12 hour shift at work.  He got home about 6:30AM...walked home from work in the cold rain/snow too poor guy.  It is not far from home, but after 12 hours of all that hard work, walking home must have been brutal.  But he was excited about work.  He told me about all the different things he did, and I was exhausted just listening to him.  Wow, he worked hard manual labor!  I do not know many people that enjoy that kind of hard work, but Casey loves it.  I am really proud of him. Thankfully he does not work again until tomorrow, so he has a day for his body to recover from all the heavy lifting.

When I woke Blake up for school at 8:20AM it was still drizzling outside and very chilly in the upper 40's. Blake asked me if I would ride into school with him.  I had been asking Jack to ride with him in the morning as I tend to be a bit stiff, but Blake told me he would rather have me.  It has gotten to the point where Blake is no longer comfortable being around his dad.  I can't say that I blame him.  Honestly, it was the last thing I wanted to do, but I forced myself to get moving and I am so glad I did.  I found an old coat in the closet that Jack picked up years ago.  The thing is huge!  As I was riding my bike, that humongous coat filled with air and I looked a bit like a giant blueberry on wheels...lol  But hey, it kept me warm and dry, and I enjoyed my early morning ride with Blake.  I got some morning exercise, and my Blakey started his day off happy.  That is all that matters.

On the ride home this afternoon, we managed to catch a little sunshine since it had been raining off and on all day.  We took a detour to the rim of the bench to check the mountains.  There was a light frosting of snow up on Bogus Basin.  I hope we get a lot of snow this year, that would be awesome.

Have a great evening planet!
A light frosting of snow on Bogus Basin.
 Blake found the perfect Autumn leaf for me.
 A tree star.


Some of my favorite people passed us on the way home.  Have  I mentioned how much I love firefighters?  I think they are the most amazing human beings on the planet.  This one is for you Doug.  :)


***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...Etta James , Sunday Kind of Love



The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors