Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22, 2013

My 365...


First day of Autumn 09/22/2013.

Today Blake and I enjoyed another biking adventure.  First we stopped by Clocktower Pond, then we rode to Camel's Back Park. I did not take the long hike to the top, as I am still recovering from yesterday's long ride, but Blake did.  I will take the hike another day when the Autumn colors are best.  The view from the top of Camel's Back is stunning when the Valley is covered with oranges, golden yellows and reds. 

On the way home, we stopped by the Boise river to have a picnic.  We had three unexpected guests for dinner too.  A squirrel, we decided to name Justin Bieber, and two female mallards that we named Miley Cyrus and Brittany Spears.  They were so cute, and stayed by us while we ate our dinner.  

All together this weekend Blake and I rode 30.1 miles.  Not bad for an old lady. Sure, I will be walking around like a grandmother for a few days, but it was worth the discomfort that might come.  Just like Dory said..."Just keep swimming..."

I also heard through the grapevine...Blake...that it is my grandson Ollie's first birthday.   Sadly Ollie is not a part of our lives, but that does not mean that we don't think of him often, or love him dearly even though we have never met him.  We do love him.

"Happy Birthday darling little man. We love you very very much, and hope you had a magical, wondrous special day."

Have a great Monday planet...and an awesome week ahead. :)

Some pictures from the day...

I caught Casey before he went out for the day.  I wanted him to join us, but as usual, he had other plans. He is always on the go this guy...as it should be at age 18. 

He is finally out of a potentially bad relationship, that I have been worried about for months, and I am SO relieved.  (Mama did not approve at all!)  I have learned throughout the years that I can not tell my boys what they need to do, they have to figure it out for themselves.  That is the hardest thing for me to deal with as a mom.  But thankfully, Casey figured it out and is moving on. Thank you God!  :)
 Blake and I ready to ride.

 At first it looked like it might rain.


 The Boise River.
 Clock Tower Pond.


 A funny sign.
 A sexy car...Studebaker Avanti

 If there is a tree...Blake will climb it.
 Camel's Back Park.

 Blake conquering the Camel's Back.
 A beautiful evening.
 Veteran's Park Pond.
 Justin Bieber the squirrel.
 Miley Cryus and Brittany Spears the Mallards.


 Two Mustang Mach 1's we spied in an old salvage yard.
 A beautiful day.
 Total ride...10.32 miles.



***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...Michael McDonald , Sweet Freedom


Random Link of the Day..Pumpkin Spice Soup

The Daily V...

Happy First Birthday Oliver!

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors