Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013

My 365...

My alarm goes off at 7:30am.  Time to wake Blake up and help him get ready for the day.  I don't have to, as he is perfectly capable of readying himself...he is 12 years old after all.  He does pretend though.  Pretend that it is okay that mama is fussing over him.  He is a sweet kid that way.

We review any homework he has, share a banana and a glass of orange juice.  "Mom, I get breakfast at school.  You don't need to get me breakfast."  "I know son, just want to be sure you are fully awake before you take off on your bike."

We go over my ground rules, do our secret handshake, and he rides off on his bike to school.  What?  You don't have a secret handshake with your child?  Dude, that is a "cool mom" requirement don't ya know.  :) Ours is a slide...pound...top...bottom...jelly fish.  Oh yeah, mama be cool.
Then I sit.  Waiting.  How lame am I?  Sure I have lots of things to do.  Two pending client projects and tons of paperwork I need to get caught up on...but I just sit, and stare at the clock all day.  I even logged into the online home school to check my email.  Of course my inbox is empty.  *pout*

My alarm goes off at 3:45pm...Yay!  School is out!  Then the phone rings, it is Blake.

"Mom, I am going to stop by the community center garden and pick some banana peppers for you, I will be home soon."

"Okay son."

He brought some home yesterday, and they were so delicious!  But home "soon?"  How soon is soon?

Then I realize something.  I need to chill out!  Poor kid, I don't want to smother him.  Yes, he is my baby, the last child to leave the nest so to speak, but he will always be my baby.

It will be easier for me when Summer is over.  I will be able to get out, ride my bike, take the dogs for a walk, take lots of pictures and start pampering myself a bit.  That will make it all better, right?

When Blake got home, I was so excited to see him!  

"What did you learn in school today Blake?"

"Uhmmmm, ladybugs are carnivores."

"Dude no way!  That is so exciting!"

(Overzealous much?)

"Really mom?  Exciting?  I think you need to get out more."

Garrett is so awesome.  He came up to my room this evening, and asked Blake how school was.  Then he told him...

"Home straight after school, do your homework and keep your pants on your butt.  You don't want me to ground you."  

LOL.  He is such an awesome big brother.  :)

Hope you had a stupendous day planet.  Just one more day until the weekend is here!

This is what a very bored camera looks like.  Poor camera.
"Mama, I come bearing gifts..."
"Now, can we talk about my grounding for tomorrow?"

***Doggy Daily***
Dozer is missing Blake too.
 "Where oh where is my boy?"
 "He is home! He is home!  Oh Blake, I have missed you so."
 "I missed you too buddy."
 *love*

Music I am listening to today...Switchfoot , Dare You To Move

Random Link of the Day...Brownies

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors