Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013

My 365...

And it is done...Blake is officially a student of the Boise Independent School District.  No more home schooling for this young man.  "Wahhhhh....."  I am not really crying, I am actually quite happy for Blake because he is beyond excited to be in public school.

I really love this school too.  They are attached to a community center, so the children can hang out before school starts at 9:15am, and after school as well, all for free.  They are also served a free breakfast and free lunch.  That is for ALL students.  How cool is that?

It looks like he might be getting a male teacher too.  I really hope so.  Blake needs an older positive male role model in his life.

The school is less than a mile from home, so I rode my bike there and Blake skateboarded.  It was a really easy, smooth ride too.  The only problem with this mode of transportation is getting Blake to wear his helmet.  However, that is one argument that this mama will NEVER lose!  If you are riding wheels, you will be wearing a helmet.  Period...end of statement...not open for negotiation!  Got it, get it, good.  

I told Blake that on the days that it is snowing or icy, and he can't ride, maybe Dozer and I can walk with him to school.  His answer..."No way mom!  That is so uncool."  *sniff*  I guess it is time to let go isn't it?  I have to stop being such an over-protective silly mama.  I am trying planet...I am really, really trying!

Wow, only 11:00AM...and we have gotten so much done.  Have a great day everyone.  :)

 Officially a public school student.
 Where is his helmet?  On the back of my bike of course.  He had to switch to his hat as soon as we got to school.  He could not walk into school wearing a helmet.  *rolling eyes*  So stubborn!

***Doggy Daily***
"Blake, don't leave me.  Please take me with you!"

This is going to be a bit of an adjustment for Dozer too.

Music I am listening to today...Danna Richards , Slingshot Catapult


Random Link of the Day...Chipotle Mango BBQ Chicken

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors