Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013

My 365...

Hello Saturday.  :)

Peace and quiet day two.  It has been a very quiet day with the boys gone, but not a bad day at all.  Rather relaxing actually.  I was able to get all the laundry done, listen to some music, and catch up on Orange is the new Black series on Netflix.  LOVE IT!  Speaking of laundry, would someone like to explain to me how all the socks manage to vanish into thin air?

I have also had time to think.  Think about all that has happened this past week, and the difficulties we have experienced with my husband...the boys' father.  Rather than be sad or upset about it, it just reminds me of all the things in my life that ARE great.  My children, and my grandchildren.  There is no time for sadness when your heart is happy, and Lord knows, my sons, Kori and Amber, Cooper and Penny, make my heart very happy.

Spending so much time with Amber and the children has been such a blessing.  Amber and Brandon have had a really tough time adjusting to Brandon's work schedule, and I feel so  badly for them.  It really has been brutal.  Having to drive to Boise from Nampa every day, staying up till 5 or 6 in the morning three nights a week, not getting to spend time in their home and adjusting to life with a new baby.  But despite all the difficulties, they are handling it like champions!  Amber is an amazing mommy.  Penny is always in her arms, being nurtured and loved.  Amber is breastfeeding like a champ, and doing great with it...I am so proud of her.  Penny is happy, healthy and growing beautifully.  Cooper is loved and nurtured as well. Mommy always makes sure he knows how much he is loved.  And when Brandon gets home from work, no matter how exhausted he is, he makes sure Amber is okay, and he takes the time to show Cooper and Penny how much he loves them.  I am so proud of my son.

I am so proud of all four of my sons.  Despite the fact that life cheated them out of a good father, they are amazing, loving nurturers.  All four are top notch men.  Brandon is already an amazing father, and I know that someday, Garrett, Casey and Blake will amazing fathers too.  And for that, I am thankful beyond words. And even more remarkable, no matter how much their father lets them down, and disappoints them, they never stop loving him and they don't hold a grudge. Of course it hurts, but it only proves to make them stronger.  "I love you boys."

Continued thoughts and prayers for the firefighters fighting the raging fires in Idaho.
Hope your day has been awesome planet!

I took this photo last night when Brandon got home from work.  He was so tired, but he took the time to have a dance with his little princess.  :)
For dinner tonight I made a bowl of hot and sour soup, topped with some steamed rice and a sunny side up egg...sprinkled with fresh tomatoes and soy sauce.  And of course some Oolong tea.  It was delicious!  The next time I think I will add some fresh green onion and avocado too.

***Doggy Daily***

"Fetch with a bowling ball?  Really mama?  Really?"
 
Music I am listening to today...Dido, Life for Rent


Random Link of the Day...Lemon Meringue Pie, my favorite!

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors