Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

My 365...

Happy Thursday planet!  We had a nice day here in my world.  I needed to go to the grocery store, so Blake and I decided to ride there on our bikes.  I just had to be careful not to buy more than we could safely carry home. We had fun.

Today is my aunt Magdalena's 94 birthday!  I called her this evening, and let her talk to the her boys.  She really loves my children, and has always been like a grandmother to them.  She was thrilled to be able to talk to Garrett, Casey and Blake.  She said it was the best birthday present ever.  I had to laugh when she asked me, "What am I going to do with all these birthdays?"  I asked her to save a few for me.  <3

Hope you have all had a great day!

My shopping buddy Blake.
 Loaded and ready to ride.
 Grocery haul.
 Uh-oh, too many skateboard tricks = snapped board.
Big brother Garrett has a huge collection of skateboards and long boards, so he is letting Blake use one until we can purchase a replacement.
 Thank you Garrett.
 Back on the road again.
 My friend Bea posted a tasty recipe for breaded zucchini so I thought I would give it a try.
 Here is the easy recipe...

1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (heaping)
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.

Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.

In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.

Place rounds in Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.

Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.

Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)

 Turned out delicious.  Thank you Bea!
Today's bike ride...3.41 miles.

***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...The Cranberries, Tomorrow


Random Link of the Day...Snowflakes

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors