Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013

My 365...

Everything in life is an opportunity for learning.  Right?

I get so frustrated with the boys sometimes because they tell me, "I am so sick of school!  No more school!"

It is easy to fall into an argument, and fight the daily struggle to glue them to their desks so they can practice their reading, writing and arithmetic.  By the end of the day, we are an exhausted bunch of brain hungry zombies.  Rawwrrrrrr.....

Today I realized that every single activity, hobby, interest that these boys of mine partake in, requires a great deal of intelligence, research and skill.  Between subjects today, Casey was writing furiously in a notebook next to his computer.  When I went over to see what he was doing, he was researching everything he needs to  drop a turbo and rally suspension into the car he is saving to buy.  So I question him about it?  *Zoink* It was all way over my head!  I had to sit down after just a few seconds of listening.  All I could say was, "Wow son, you are so smart!"  And do you know what planet?  He is.  My boy is beyond brilliant.

Then on to Blake.  With Blake it is a series of constant nagging.  This son of mine has so much that he wants to accomplish on a daily basis, that school simply, and I will quote him here, "School gets in the way!"  So I have to keep it interesting.  I have to create a hidden lesson in everything we do for fun.

Minecraft = Math, Engineering, Architecture

Word Hero = Spelling and Vocabulary.  We LOVE this game!

Bike Riding Adventures = Science and History...and of course Physical Education.  Have to keep them healthy.

Today I took our home schooling on the road.  With the stress of ISATs coming up, Blake and I had to get out of the house.  It was a bit overcast and chilly, but we rode our bikes to the Kathryn Albertson nature preserve, then to one of the oldest cemeteries here in Boise, Morris Hill, that is loaded with history.

On the way home he talked me into getting some hamburgers for dinner.  I am not a fan of fast food, but every now and then I don't mind.  I know I will regret this decision later.  Fast food always sounds good at the time, then your body reminds you why it is not.  Blech.  :P

All in all, not a bad way to spend a Tuesday afternoon.  :)











Beautiful mama goose.









We spotted these two in the park.




Morris Hill Cemetery.
WWII memorial.

A little junk food every now and then I can agree to.


Total Bike Ride, 8.93 miles...total walk through the park..just under a mile.

***Doggy Daily***


Music I am listening to today...Buffalo SpringfieldFor What It's Worth


Random Link of the Day...Real Beauty  <3

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors