Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013

My 365...

Hello Thursday.

We are having a much better day in my world today.  Jack got a new job he is very excited about, and it is much closer to home.  Yay!

Casey and Blake took a break from studying and went to their favorite Thrift Store.  I handed them a $20 bill, and off they went.  They came home with 30 shirts, most of which still had the tags on them, and a nice new backpack for dad.  I am so proud of them!  They love Thrift Store shopping these boys of mine.  They get that from their dad, he is the king of yard sales and thrift shops. I hate shopping!  If I can't order it online, I don't get it.  :)

Casey and I are doing much better today as well.  Yesterday was pretty intense between he and I.  My biggest difficulty as a mom, is letting go.  It always has been.  I have this insane need to be the perpetual mother hen who must keep her babies safe at all times.  However, son Casey is extremely independent.  You can not tell him what to do, or what not to do, he has to figure it out for himself, just like his mama.  (Mom and dad are looking down from heaven laughing at me right now.)  I worry because he has a huge heart, and is extremely trusting.  But here is the thing, I have to realize that having a huge heart and being trusting are two very good qualities...not bad ones.  Casey is carving his own path as a young man, and I have to love him, support him, and let him fly.

Once we recovered from the blow-up, and sat down to talk about things, I was quite impressed with my son.  He is very intellectual and extremely intelligent.  And above all, he has a very strong character.  I am proud of him.  :)

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the community of West, Texas tonight.  <3
A beautiful sunrise today.
 Casey, the thinker.  <3
Blake, the Thrift Store king!

***Doggy Daily***
Ducati

Music I am listening to today...Madonna , Express Yourself
Random Link of the Day...Brownie Cookies.  Because chocolate makes everything better.

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors