Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 13, 2013

My 365...


Hello Wednesday.

Another day of tissues and O-Jay for me.  Seems this cold has taken a liking to me, and wants to stick around a bit longer.  I don't feel too bad, just completely zapped of things like energy and balance.  I have to take things really slowly.  I have become a turtle.

I did find a nice surprise on my cell phone this morning.  Sometime during the week, my nephew had texted me a picture of my aunt Maggie from Texas.  I had not noticed the text message notification.  My aunt is going to be 94 years young this May.  She looks more beautiful than she ever has!  One thing I can say about my mom and her sisters, they do age beautifully.  I was so happy that my nephew stopped by to see her.  She gets terribly lonely in the facility she is living in.  I call her every week, and I know her sister calls her every night, but it is not the same as having someone with her.  I am sorry that I am 2000 miles away from her.  :*(

Even at 94, she is still going strong.  Nothing gets this woman down.  She never married or had children.  I guess she never met a man strong enough.  I do consider her to be my other mother though.  We have lived together from time to time throughout the years, and when I first made my move to Idaho 16 years ago, she came with me.  I am sorry I ever let her move back to Texas.  She had a strong need to be closer to her family there, but soon realized that her family was here in Idaho.

I am thankful that my nephew Eric is watching over her, and together we can see to it that the facility takes good care of her.  She does a pretty darn good job of taking care of herself.  I hope, no...I know...that I inherited her amazingly strong genes.  And for that, I am very thankful.

I love you Nana!!


Blake got a little sk8ting in today.


Crazy looking sky.
I love early morning conversations with my son Shaggy....erhm I mean Casey.  :)

***Doggy Daily***

"Black smoke, white smoke, gray smoke.  How about you stop blowing all that smoke and make way for some sweet, clear, winds of change."

***Yoshi Cam!***
Private Hamster Conversations.

Music I am listening to today...Lynyrd Skynyrd , Comin' Home


Random Link of the Day...60 of the World's Happiest Facts

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors