Friday, September 7, 2012

Biking, Hiking Adventure, September 7, 2012

Tonight we rode our bikes to our old neighborhood, and enjoyed a hike through the foothills.

I remember the first time I hiked up these hills, it was scary and hard.  Tonight I barely broke a sweat.  It was awesome!

When we got home I made some delicious chicken/spinach Quesadillas.









 Boise Valley

 My trusty old ski pole.

 Downtown Boise.


 Blake always picks flowers for mama.


 Table Rock Mountain.

 Blake can run down this hill...I do more of a crawl...
...of course I do stop every few minutes to take a picture.  :)



 Total ride...8.53 miles.
Dinner is served!

Saute some chopped chicken breast with green onion, cilantro, garlic and lemon pepper.

I recommend a Quesadilla maker or electric grill for the next part.

Put a little butter on the grill and place down a flower tortilla.

On the tortilla add sauteed chicken, fresh spinach and Colby-Cheddar cheese.

Top with another flour tortilla.

Press down the lid and cook until crisp.

 Slice up and serve with sour cream, jalapeño and salsa.
(If you do not have an electric grill or Quesadilla maker, fold the tortillas in half over the filling to make a half-moon. Warm a skillet over low heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the tortilla to the skillet and cook until it is lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently lift the edge so you can check. When 1 side is brown, turn the tortilla over and cook the other side until brown.)

Enjoy!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors