Friday, August 3, 2012

Hey mama...what's for Supper?

For dinner tonight I made some delicious Chicken Hobo Packets.  A dear friend of mine told me about these, so I was excited to try them.  Thank you Nancy!

The magic of cooking this way, is that you can add whatever ingredients your heart desires...or that you happen to have on hand.

My ingredients:

Chicken Breast and Chicken Thighs

Celery

Carrots

Potatoes (Sweet Potatoes are good too!)

Green Onion

Yellow Onion

Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Jalapeño Pepper

Garlic

Fresh Rosemary

Butter  (Lots-o-butter)

Salt and Pepper to taste.  (Lemon Pepper would be good)

You could even add some pineapple or orange slices if you like.

Make sure your ingredients are nice and fresh.

Chop your ingredients however you like and whatever size you like.  Salt and pepper your chicken.  Lay out sheets of aluminum foil or you could use parchment paper if you prefer.

Add your ingredients to your packets.  Stack em good!

I let the kids make their own packets so they could include the ingredients they like, and omit those they don't.

Wrap your packets into sealed little gifts.

Bake in a  375° degree oven
Bake Time1 hour 45 minutes.  Or as the boys said..."Way too long!"
Don't forget to make one big honking package for daddy.  For daddy I added fresh jalapeños, extra onions, and sprinkled his favorite Cayenne pepper on top.
What I love about this recipe is that you can "Pre-Prepare" your packets and refrigerate.  Great idea for camping.

Note:  Be careful when you open your packets as the steam is hot!

The boys added some post cooking Soy Sauce to their packets.  Teriyaki Sauce or BBQ sauce would be tasty too.  I thought mine was perfect as is.

I also prepared some steamed white rice as a side dish.  I am feeding boys, they eat a lot of food.  :)

Dinner is served.

Bon Appètit!


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors