Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012

My 365...

Happy Monday!

Today has been a happy Monday for so many reasons.  It was the first day of school, and Blake and I had a great first day.  We were trying to get through our math unit today, my least favorite topic of fractions, and I was trying to tell him that he needs to memorize the multiplication facts rather than work them out step by step in his head which he always does.

"Mom, it is not a matter of speed.  People need to learn how to take their time!"

Yes boss.  :)

He is right.  Why do we always have to be in such a all-fired hurry?

Casey had a good first day too, although most of his classes don't start until next week.  Both boys already have scantron testing to take before Thursday.  Tests, tests and more tests...why so many tests?

In other news, we were on the receiving end of an awesome blessing today.  I got a call from Casey's Orthodontist this morning to tell me that the insurance has approved all of Casey's care, and we can start on his braces.  WOW!  According to the secretary that called me, it is very rare that any insurance approves the treatment plan, so they were thrilled that Casey was approved.  What an amazing blessing, and an answer to my prayers.  We have an appointment next week to get started with the repositioning, then we can plan the surgery.  Thank you God!

Hope your Monday was kind.

My photos of the day....

Blake giving me his "slow down mama" face.
 After school Blake and I ran some errands.  It was a HOT day, and you can see in the distance, a very smoky day as well.

 Bidding farewell to the Western Idaho State Fair.




Number one son Garrett and his honey Kori.  <3  Two of my most favorite people on the planet!

***Doggy Daily***
Watching over Miss Lilly while mama is gone.
Music I am listening to today...Iron & Wine, Naked As We Came
Random Link of the Day...Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls

Until next time...



Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors