Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012

My 365...

Hello Saturday.  "I miss my Blakey!!"  :*(

Blake is spending the day with our neighbor Grandma and Grandpa, and their grand daughter Katie.  They took him to the park, to lunch and to Roaring Springs for the day.  I know he is having an amazing time, but I miss him so much.  It is entirely too quiet when Blake is away.

In all the quiet, I have too much time to think of this past week's happenings.  Of course what stands out in my mind is the shooting in Colorado, and how frightening it must have been for the victims involved.  But I am also thinking of the parents of the shooter.  They seem to be ordinary parents.  I can not fathom the pain and confusion they are experiencing.  How helpless they must be feeling.

It makes me realize, and sincerely appreciate, how blessed I am.  God has blessed me with four amazing, compassionate and brave sons.  Just earlier this week, Garrett walked into a corner store at 2:00 in the morning,  and noticed a man standing there looking lost and a bit drunk from too much night club action.  Garrett being Garrett, he went out of his way to spark up a conversation with the stranger.  He learned that the man was visiting Boise on a business trip, and had stopped by one of the local night clubs and had a bit too much to drink.  He soon realized he was lost in a city he did not know, and was not sure how he was going to find his way back to his hotel to catch a flight home early in the morning.  So what does my son do?  He tells the man, a complete stranger, that he did not feel comfortable letting him drive in his condition.  He told that man he would drive him and his rental car back to the hotel he was staying in, then catch a cab back to the corner store.  And my son did just that.  He got the man safely to the hotel, checked him in at the front desk, then had the night clerk call him a cab.  The night clerk and the cab driver were really surprised that anyone would go to such lengths for a complete stranger.  For Garrett, it was no big deal  He was just in the right place at the right time.  That is my Garrett.  <3

The cab driver drove Garrett back to the store, and continued Garrett's random act of kindness by not charging Garrett for the ride.  A few days later, the stranger managed to find Garrett on Facebook, and sent him a message thanking him for saving him.

Blake has won the hearts of the elderly couple that lives next store.  Why?  Because he too is an amazing young man.  This couple has a sweet adorable little 7 year old grand daughter who lives with them part time.  Little Katie was born months prematurely, so as a result, she is developmentally slow.  Blake has taken it upon himself to be her protective big brother.  He adores Katie.  Of all the children in our neighborhood, he wants to spend every single day with Katie.  Just like his big brother Garrett, Blake has a huge heart.  He will spend hours with Katie playing, keeping her safe from the other children and being patient and gentle with her.

Casey is the same way.  If Casey comes across a situation where he sees someone in need, he runs straight to them.  Without hesitation, or a second thought, he is right there.  Brandon too.

I am sure I am blinding you with the pride beaming off my face right now.  Well, if you were sitting next to me you would needs some really dark sun glasses to see through all the light.  I am so proud of my sons, and often find myself in awe of them.  Of their warm loving hearts, their kindness and consideration and their courage.  I am very thankful to have been blessed with four remarkable human beings to share this life with.

Be kind to each other planet.  :)

My photos of the day...

My son Garrett.  A gentle giant with a huge heart.  :)



Casey <3
Blake was not scheduled to leave until 10:00AM, but he was up at the crack of dawn ready to seize the day!

"Good morning sleepy head."

"Is it time mama?"

 ***Doggy Daily***

"Is it almost time for Blake to be home?"
 "Now?"
 "Can we call him?"
 "Almost time now mama?"
The dogs are missing Blake too.  :)

Music I am listening to today...Kopas


Random link of the day...366 Random Acts of Kindness

Until next time...
...every single day.  :)
Peace.


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors