Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15, 2012

My 365...

Today I see life through a new set of eyes.  :)

Yesterday was a really hard day for me, and for my sons.  It was a toxic, ugly day that did not need to happen...but it did.  I did what I always do,  and that was to smooth things over.  Try to make it better.  Sweep the ugly under the rug and pretend it never happened.  Some people are really good at that.  Me...not so much.

When I woke up this morning, I came to the realization that I don't want to just "smooth things over" anymore.  Life is too short for pretend.  Life is too short to share with toxic people...I don't care who they are.  Life is just too damn short to be sad, stressed, disappointed, or angry.

Blake had plans to go swimming with our sweet neighbors, Casey had plans to meet up with some friends, so I decided it would be a good opportunity to spend some time by myself.

It was a beautiful day today.  Not too hot, crystal clear blue skies.  I filled up two water jugs with ice and water, packed a couple of granola bars, put the zoom lens on the camera, some great music on my cell phone and took a long bike ride.  Just me, my music, my camera and my iron horse.  I love this bike-o-mine.

I did not know where I was going, I did not really have a plan, but I knew that I was going to stop every single time something caught my eye...and take a picture.  I needed new perspective, I needed some clarity, but above all...my heart needed some serious happy.  I knew Mother Nature would not let me down.  She didn't.

My total ride was was just under 4 hours, 16 miles.  In those 16 miles I stopped a lot to smell the roses...and take pictures of "happy."  It was amazing!!!  Every face I met along the day greeted me with a smile.  There are so many kind people in this world.  <3

My photos of the day...

Appreciating all the details.








 A rose garden in the center of town.







 A blue fountain.  It was beautiful.






















July 15, 2012 is my new "Special Day!"  I will celebrate it every year from this day forward.  It shall forever be know as "The Anniversary of Me!" day.  The day I decided to stop pretending.  The day I decided that there is no one in this world more important to me than my sons...and my grandson.  The day I decided that I am an awesome person who deserves so much more out of life.
Today was a good day...and tomorrow will be even better.  There will be challenges, but those never scare me.  Anything is better than pretend.  Life can only get better from here.

Hope your day was amazing.  :)

***Doggy Daily***
"Do I make you happy mama?"
 "Of course you do little bug."

Music I am listening to today...Lifehouse

Random Link of the Day...The Secret

Until next time...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors