Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13, 2012

My 365...

"Happy Mother's Day!"

What being a mother means to me...

As a young woman, I was not interested in having children.  I found them to be noisy, busy, messy, annoying little creatures.  "Me a mom?  No way!"

I had an incredible mom.  She encompassed all the courage, magic and wonder that is a beautiful loving mom.  She loved me with all her heart.  But be a mom myself?  No.

Then I met my forever love in my early 20's.  We connected, and decided to get married.  Almost immediately after I spoke those two magical words, "I do", everything changed for me.  In the deepest part of my heart and soul, the maternal gene exploded.  "I want to be a mom....NOW!"

It took months of trying, and I worried it would never happen.  Negative pregnancy test after negative pregnancy test...nothing.  I remember an uncle saying, "God only blesses special women with children."  He was being unkind, but all I could think was, "You are right...and I am special, and I am going to be a mom."  And I was.  And have been for 26 years now.

I am a mom, not once, not twice, not three times, not four times....but FIVE amazing times!  I am a "five-time" mom, how cool is that?  One daughter, four sons, sent to me with love.  I won the mom lottery!

My children are beautiful in every way.  Perfect, healthy, strong, loving, confident, funny, stubborn, creative, and good.  And I would like to thank them for letting me be their mom.

To Meagan, my only daughter I say thank you.  Thank you for making me laugh, making me proud, allowing me to feel the love between a mother and daughter.  Thank you for being my movie buddy, my music buddy, my everything buddy.  And thank you for showing me how strong I can be when you decided to take that love away.  Thank you for showing me my own heart.  Showing me the strength to accept the things I can not change.  How to let go.  I wish you joy.


To Garrett, my son, I thank you for showing me unconditional love.  You are the most loving person I have ever known.  Your optimism knows no bounds.  Your love for this family and for me is without measure.  Your loyalty and kindness are inspirational.  You always put others before yourself.  Looking at you, my heart beams with pride and I tell the world..."Yes, that is my son.  Isn't he amazing!"  You are the rock of the family.  The perfect big brother.  We are all so blessed to have you in our life.  Thank you for letting me be your mom.  I love you.


To Brandon, my son, I thank you for showing me forgiveness.  Thank you for reminding me that as a mother I have to trust that my children can make their own choices in life.  Thank you for reminding me that the only way a child can learn is by letting them carve their own path and make their own decisions.  Celebrate what works, learn from what does not, but persistently march forward.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a grandmother in my lifetime.  Watching you as a father has been and continues to be my "greatest" joy.  I love you so much!


To Casey, you have taught me, and continue to teach me, patience.  Life for you has presented some challenge, but you have never EVER backed down.  Instead you face it head on with all the courage and strength you have.  You know what you want out of life, and you are not going to falter until you achieve your dreams.  I admire your courage, strength, determination, compassion, empathy....I admire everything about you.  Thank you for sharing your life with me.  You make me laugh, you make my cry, you make me so proud to be your mom.  Son, you are a rock star and I love you.


To Blake, when I think of you, my heart smiles.  It is impossible for me to speak your name, and not do the happy giggle inside...even when you are getting on my last nerve!  You are my miracle baby.  You are my heart. You are my 40th year surprise.  Because of you, I have been able to start this motherhood journey all over again midway through.  How amazing is that?  You tell me you love me at least two dozen times a day.  You request a hug at least twice as many times.  You are creative, funny, brilliant, sensitive, strong, determined, empathetic...with just the right mix of "little stinker".  So perfect in every way.  I love you.




To my uncle T, "Only special women are blessed with children?"  I must be one special lady!!  :)

Finally for my mom...

Mom, without you, there would be no me.
 Your love, your attention, your guidance,
 have made me who I am.
 Without you, I would be lost,
 wandering aimlessly,
 without direction or purpose.
 You showed me the way
 to serve, to accomplish, to persevere.
 Without you, there would be an empty space
 I could never fill, no matter how I tried.
 Instead, because of you,
 I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.
 Thank you, mom.
 I have always loved you
 and I always will.

I miss you. :*)

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful beautiful mothers I know.  I am so proud to be a member of the "Mom" club.  There is no greater or stronger species on the planet than a mom.  I salute you all!  I love you all.

Today I will be spending my "Mother's Day" evening with Garrett, Kori, Casey and Blake.  I received my "Mother's Day" wish from Brandon this morning...thank you son, wish you were here.

Hope your day has been spectacular!!

My photos of the day...

"I have something for you mom..."

 "Thank you son."  :)
Mother's Day at the skate park with my favorite people.  <3 












***Doggy Daily***

"Happy Mother's Day mama!"
Music I am listening to today...Martina McBride


Random Link of the Day...I <3 moms.

Until next time..."Never underestimate the powerful, fierce love of a mother."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors