Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10, 2012

My 365...

I am a heterosexual, married, mother of five, grandmother of one, sister to two, cousin to hundreds, friend to many...I believe in God, and I support equal rights for ALL human beings on this gorgeous green rock we call planet earth!

You can call me mom.  :)

Just as I was "born" heterosexual, there are some beautiful people on this planet, and who I am proud to say in my life...who were born homosexual.  Homosexuality is not an illness, it not a mental disorder, it is not a phase, it is not a random choice....homosexuality IS what it IS, just as heterosexuality IS what it IS.

It is NOT wrong.  It is NOT a sin.  It is NOT some dark shameful mystery.  It is NOT something that can be reprogrammed out of a human mind, just as heterosexuality can not be "programmed" out of a human mind.  It is for some people a beautiful and natural way of being.

When I think of my future in this lifetime, I see a world of tolerance, acceptance, equality and love for ALL people in this world.  Anything less is unacceptable.  Anything less is wrong.

Race, Religion, Sexuality all belong to one single group of living organisms we call Human Being.  One heart, one mind.  I refuse to believe, or to accept, that the color of your skin, your religious beliefs, or lack thereof, being born with two arms, two legs, two eyes that see, ears that hear, a voice that speaks clearly are the SOLE requirements for equal rights in this country.

Black, white, brown, yellow, tall, short, fat, thin, gay, straight, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, male, female, disabled, abled, rich, poor, married, single, old, young, northern, southern, eastern, western, Longhorn, Aggie...what a ridiculous list.  Wouldn't it be easier if we just said "Human Being?"

I think so.

What does it mean to be Human?  For me it means having a gloriously open mind.  It means having the intelligence to know the importance of tolerance and kindness.  It is the feeling of being humbled by the greatness that is life,  and the beauty that is equality and acceptance of ALL human beings.  

"Hello, my name is Veronica, and I am human...pleased to meet you."

WE have to do better than we are doing today.  The only hope for a healthy future is if we can all recognize and respect the beauty of every single human being on this planet as an individual...not as a classification.

Then and only then can we progress as an intelligent species.

In this country there is a line in the sand.  To one side you have people who fear and judge, on the other side you have people who love and accept...I chose love.

My photos of the day...

Fierce!  This little flower is the star of the garden today.


Oh happy days...my Velvet Oolong arrived today!  All 9 ounces of creamy, delicious, "ahhhhhhh" in a cup-o-tea.  I feel happier already.  Thank you Tea Chai Té.  I love you!
***Doggy Daily***


"Mama, does this mean I have treat all animals equally?"
"Yes Miss Lilly."
"Even those stinky, slobbery boy dogs?"
"Ohhhh....."
"Pretty flower..." 
"Miss Lilly!  Pay attention, this is important!"
"Sorry mama, I am back.  I hear you." 
"I will, from this day forward, treat all animals equally!  However, I reserve the right to snip the nose of any slobbery boy dog who places said nose on any part of my person without explicit written permission to do so." 
"Written permission?"

Music I am listening to today...Miranda Lambert




Random Link of the Day...***Click LIKE!***

Until next time..."I'm a supporter of gay rights.  And not a closet supporter either.  From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community.  There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant."  ~Paul Newman

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors