Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7, 2012

My 365...

Getting older is magical. :)

I know I am only 51, which is young by most standards, but may be considered old in some countries.

So many milestones under my "belt of life" as some would say.

I survived being a teenager.

I survived formal education, the high school and college experience.

I survived the dating stages. Oh what fun those were! I was blessed in that I did not fall in love with and marry the first man I met. Not to say that is necessarily a bad thing, but for me, definitely a good thing.

I survived the discovery portion of the career journey. "What do I want to be when I grow up?"

I started my own business, built it from the ground up, traveled all over the country, and landed with two feet planted firmly on the "gainfully self-employed" ground.

I have been a new mom, a middle aged mom, and now I get to be an old mom. There is so much magic in being an old mom!

Three of my children have flown from the nest and are living their own lives. Sure they fly back every now and then, and I love it when they do, but they are adults making their own path in life.

Finally, I am a grandmother. Oh where do I begin on the joy of being a grandmother? I love my little Cooper, and am so incredibly blessed to be a part of his life. I don't see him every single day like I used to, but often enough that I am witness to how wonderfully he is being raised and all the precious little milestones he is experiencing as well. Brandon is such an amazing father. When they were visiting the other day, I could see how wonderful he is with Cooper and what a brilliant loving father he is. I am so proud of my Brandon. :)

And Cooper....wow...what an adorable little man he is! Just thinking about him makes me squeal with joy!  He gives me the sweetest snuggles.  <3

Yes, I have a long way to go yet, with Casey only 17 and Blake 10. Good Lord willing, I will have the opportunity to watch them go through their own milestones and experience the magic of life with them just as I have had the opportunity to experience it with Garrett and Brandon.

I have my moments when life seems so freaking over whelming I could simply explode, but those moments are fast becoming few and far between. I love being over 50. It is without question my favorite age group in life so far.

I hope you are all having an amazing Saturday!

My photos of the day...

Adventures on two wheels. Weeeee!  The boys and I enjoyed a two hour bike ride this afternoon.  I have discovered my new passion in life...next to photography...riding a bike!  I had SO much fun.  I even tried racing Casey.  Of course I did not win, but oh, that speed was glorious!

Mama is ready to roll!
 I got pretty good at taking pictures while riding.

 Casey led the way.
 Stopping to check on mama.
 Brothers.
 "Mom, I love you this much!"
 Again...stopping to check on mama.  :)
 Still some snow in the mountains.
What the boys consider to be "healthy" snacks.  *groan*
Stopping for some fun at the park.
Scaling a 12 foot fence.
My handsome Casey.  <3
 ***Doggy Daily***

"Mama, where is that basket you promised me?  This will never work!"
Music I am listening to today...Mindy Gledhill


Random Link of the Day...Idaho Biking Trails

Until next time..."...cause you see, its falling that is teaching me to fly."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors