Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012

My 365...

It is remarkable how one bad thought, bad memory, bad dream...can throw off an entire day.  It can.

I had a bit of a fitful sleep last night.  I kept thinking of someone that used to be a huge part of my life.  A person who has brought a great deal of pain to my family.  A person who is no longer a part of our life.  I woke up feeling sad, a bit angry and completely disoriented.  Immediately my day started going all wrong.  ALL wrong.

I was 10 minutes late to an important conference call.

Blake had NO interest in working on his math assignments.

I felt inpatient, crabby, disorganized, lost, frustrated....

I had to stop, take a deep breath, and completely clear my mind of this person.  Close my eyes, concentrate on the people and things that I love and let go of this person and all the sadness and anger associated with them.

*breath...release...data dump...reboot*

The second I did, everything started to turn around and the day felt so much more positive.  My ducks were all back in a row!

It is hard though.  It is so hard to let go of the bad things in my life because I have always felt that I could fix them, but I have to let go.  Absolutely, without question, I MUST release all the negative in order to have a happy, positive existence.  And I have to realize that I can not fix broken people...they have to fix themselves.

Happiness truly is a choice.  Life is only dark if WE allow it to be.  Think about it...it is a choice.

I chose happiness.  :)

Every call, encounter, situation I met after that "mental" release this morning, went perfectly fine.  I made a concentrated effort to be happy and positive, and every person I interacted with after that decision was happy and positive back.

Blake was still a little stubborn about his math assignment, but he got it done and there was no argument about it.

No matter how positive and happy I get...a 10 year old will always be a 10 year old.  Just saying...  *grin*

I hope your day is awesome!

My photos of the day....

Some beautiful colors on an otherwise grey day.  It has been raining all afternoon.



"Mom, I am really not a fan of arithmetic."

 My new guilty pleasure...Cheerios and fresh fruit.  I had no idea Cheerios were so delightful!
 ***Doggy Daily***

"Please don't make me go out in this rain mama!"
 "Woohoo rain!  Please let me go out in the rain.  Can I?  Can I?  Can I please?"
Music I am listening to today...The Script

Random Link of Day...My favorite type of designs.

Until next time..."If at first you don't succeed destroy any evidence that you ever tried."  :)

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors