Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10, 2012

My 365...

I was in a deep restful sleep this morning, so rare to me this phenomena, and I realize someone or something is trying to wake me up.

"Come on mama, time to get up.  I am taking you on an adventure...get up."

"Huh?"

I open my eyes to see Garrett looming over me.  Of course I am always pleased to see my Garrett, but "noooooooooooooooo, go away son....let me sleep."

"Come on mama, I am taking you out for breakfast, then on an adventure.  We can take pictures!"

"Adventure?  Go away Garrett.  No....."

"Come on mama, it will be fun."

*grumble* *grumble*

Then I hear Blake...

"Come on mama, get up!"

Okay, I am being tag teamed here.  *grumble* *grumble*

I am so glad they were able to talk me into an adventure today.

It was an "AMAZING" day. 

Garrett drove us to Arrowrock Reservoir just north east of Boise.  It is a beautiful area with the Arrowrock Dam, and Lucky Peak Dam. 

As we were driving around the lake adventuring, we could see that the north half of the lake is still frozen over.  There was snow in the mountains, but the temperature was perfect.  We were all wearing short sleeves and did not feel cold at all.

Blake enjoyed snow, a frozen lake, rock climbing, and a dip is some really cold but gorgeous waters.  He even got to make a snow angel.  :)

Thank you Garrett and Kori for sharing a beautiful day with us.  We made some amazing memories.

I love you son.  <3

My photos of the day....

I took so many pictures today.  It is impossible to blog just a few.

 The frozen lake.
 Blake playing with snow and ice.
 Snow angels.
Son Garrett and his girlfriend Kori.  :)
 
 Of course he had to take a dip!
Blake was cold and wet after his dip in the lake.  Fortunately Garrett had a pair of shorts in his trunk.  They were HUGE on Blake...but much better than wet pants. 
Blake taking a "Polar Bear" plunge!  Garrett was worried about him having to take the drive home in wet jeans.  Fortunately he had some spare shorts in the trunk.  :)

 When we got home I made a yummy chicken salad. 
Tonight Garrett gave me some lessons on night photography. I have a lot to learn!

It has been a great day!  :)

***Doggy Daily***
Kori's dog Stella went with us.  A walk on the lake.
She is so awesome, and had a great time.
Next time we take ALL the dogs!

Music I am  listening to today...Zero 7


Random link of the day...No Bully

Until next time..."There is nothing more precious...and spectacular...than spending time with the people you love."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors