Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

My 365...

Seventeen years ago today I gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy in the world.  A full head of light brown hair, huge blue eyes and the longest most luxurious eye lashes I had ever seen.  That was and still is my Case Thomas.  My pregnancy with Case was the most complicated of all my pregnancies.  Bed rest for the last half of the pregnancy.  I even managed to fall down some stairs and fracture my ankle before he made his debut into this world.  He tried to be born upside down and sunny side up, but the doctor managed to flip him around at the last minute.  That was an interesting feeling!

Of all of my children I feel like Casey is the most misunderstood.  He comes across loud, hyper and obnoxious at times, but the truth about Casey is that he is introspective, extraordinarily empathetic and wise.  If you hurt his feelings or disappoint him in any way...he will walk away from you. Not because he is writing you off...but because he is working it out in his own mind.

Casey is a lover not a hater.  If you act like a jerk for no real reason at all, he will not speak to you until you can explain yourself.  For as much as he loves everyone, he will not tolerate those who hate.

At times, I am guilty of not being as patient as I should be with Casey because he talks a million words a second.  Often his words come out SO fast that it can be difficult to understand what he is trying to say.  Which is really ironic because I used to be the same way.  My father would get so upset with me, "Slow down Veronica, I can't understand a word you are saying!"

However, if it is something Case is passionate about, he will sit and engage in conversation that is knowledgeable, articulate and quite interesting.  He came into my room the other night and proceeded to educate me on the art of war.  It was an extremely fascinating conversation, and I was so impressed with his knowledge of history and facts.  Casey knows what he is talking about....when he slows down enough to make sense to the human ears that are listening.  :)

Happy Birthday my love.  Thank you for sharing this planet with us.  You are destined for greatness no matter what you decide to do with the rest of your life!  You are my shining star.  <3

Casey asked for two things for his birthday...a trip to the DMV to get his license, and a trip to the Army recruiting office to learn about enlisting in the military.  Oh and one more thing...a new car.  ;p

My photo of the day...

Casey then...
Casey now.  He has become a man overnight!  :*)


***Doggy Daily***

Casey's best friend, Ducati.
Music I am listening to today...Casey's favorite artist..."Happy Birthday" Bob Marley!
Casey's favorite song...

Random Link of the Day...The Color Clock

Until next time..."Life is one big road with lots of signs.  So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind.  Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.  Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality.  Wake up and live!"  ~Bob Marley

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors