Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012

My 365...

Yesterday was "almost" a perfect day.

The boys woke up in a good mood.

It snowed...did not stick, but it snowed!

No school or work to do.

Brandon called...yay I got to hear his voice.  That always makes me happy.

UPS delivered my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Yay!!!!

Wrong.....

This was me when I opened the package and beheld the gorgeous piece of electronics that is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. 

This was me when the "techie" in me knew that something was terribly wrong....."Connecting to WiFi"....ERROR.  No software adjustment will fix this problem.  *gasp*


This was me when I realized I would have to ship it back....

"Farfegnugen!!"

This was me after I spoke with a very nice company representative who emailed me the RMA label immediately and said a replacement would be sent ASAP.

"Oh well....what is a few more days right?"

RIGHT!  Is it all about the chill....... 

Cup-o-hot tea will fix that right up! 

Take the high road!

Every situation in life finds us at a crossroads.  I am talking about every single little bitty "thing", problem, issue, encounter or happening....leads to, or should lead to, a STOP sign.

STOP!

We stand at this STOP sign, and we are presented with two choices, and what we choose is completely up to us.

The high road.  Approach with kindness, patience, positivity and smile.

"Hello!"  :)

The low road.  Get excited, angry, mean, cynical and demanding with a vein popping scowl and a grrrr.......

"Grrrrrr!"  >:o{  
(Be afraid...very, very afraid)

Sure, both roads lead to a resolution, but how do you feel when you get there?

The high road.  I feel good, whoever I am dealing with feels good, and I made it to the top in no time at all.

The low road.  I feel good?  Powerful?  I am a beast hear me roar?  Whoever I am dealing with feels small, frustrated, defeated and ready to throw in the towel.  It took me longer to get there, but so what?  I got there.  Did not matter who I crushed along the way.  I got my resolution and I stepped on the world to get it.  Rawrrrrr.

Really?

Not me.

There is NO problem in life that does not present with it a solution and a choice.  It is how we obtain that solution that matters the most.  The high road is the only road...or should be.  Sure it takes time and patience, but it is not destructive and negative.  It is worth the extra effort.  For me it is.

Always take the high road people!  Be considerate and kind to get there.  This is what changes our world one problem at a time.  This is the only way to avoid a trail of destruction and broken spirits.

This is how we should approach life.  Try it.  All I am asking is that you try it.

Thank you Steve, the company representative who was so nice on the telephone, and provided great customer service.  I have worked customer service for some of the big companies in the past years, Apple, Carnival Cruise Lines, Barnes & Noble, Intuit...to name a few...so I really appreciate good quality customer service.

If you do experience great people like "Mr. Steve", take the time to tell them you appreciate them.  Then I think more customer service people will go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a great consumer experience in the future.

On to Today! 

I want to say congratulations to my niece on the birth of her son.  They are thousands of miles away from us, and I have not seen her since she was a little girl, but you can feel the love in her family all the way from here.  This is one lucky baby boy to be born into such a wonderful loving family.

"Happy Birthday little one!"  <3

Oh by the way, this post makes blog post number 1,602!  Wow, that is a lot of words.  But even better...that is a lot of memories documented for me to look back on and smile.  :)


My photos of the day...

My cup-o-tea, and a slice of cracked wheat toast with jam...with my Batman mug of course!
 Trinkets in my Zen garden?
 Blake added some treasures for me.  A golden sand dollar, a shiny orb of stone and the perfect sea shell.  Thank you Blake.  <3

***Doggy Daily***

"I'm ready for my closeup mama."
 *gasp*

 "Pay no attention to the dog behind the curtain!"  "Boy dogs are so disgusting...always licking their wobbly bits."  *ewwwww*
Music I am listening to today...Daughtry





Random Link of the Day...Zen

Until next time..."I'll take the high road...meet me halfway?"

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors